• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
    He knows only to well what the coffee smells like and indeed prior to being elected he used to prefer the smell of coffee. These days however he prefers the smell of Bull Tulip.

BTW. I Received my latest reply from a cabinet minister yesterday stating catagorically that the government has no intention of amending S58. This reply to my previous 3 page letter after being denied a 2nd meeting was a whopping 6 lines long!
    I think we're well within our rights to start demanding to know why the Government is not prepared to use the same powers against multinationals given the rhetoric. Even those who have been opposed to us would want to know as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
      BTW. I Received my latest reply from a cabinet minister yesterday stating catagorically that the government has no intention of amending S58. This reply to my previous 3 page letter after being denied a 2nd meeting was a whopping 6 lines long!
      FWIW, that's just about the least meaningful expression in The Politician's Phrasebook.

The only way he could have got closer to the absolute zero of meaning would be to have said " ".

Comment

PM has written to Gauke

Received a letter from Mr Cameron following my surgery meeting with him last Friday. He confirms he has written to Gauke concerning the request of NTRT for a meeting, in order to discuss NTRT's 'recent findings'.

Comment

Originally posted by normalbloke View Post
          Received a letter from Mr Cameron following my surgery meeting with him last Friday. He confirms he has written to Gauke concerning the request of NTRT for a meeting, in order to discuss NTRT's 'recent findings'.
          It does make you want to laugh doesnt it! He is the flaming Prime Minister isnt he, the top dog, he can tell Gauke exactly what to do. Even the PM plays the same game as his minions. Can you imagine Thatcher doing the same?

Respect to you though for going to see him.

Comment

Well done! Some good news indeed.

Comment

That's a positive step

Comment

Thinking about this some more, the context of this letter is very important. Does he say whether he is insisting Gauke meets NTRT or whether its just a standard letter similar to that all other MPs have sent to him?

He really has the power to do something, if he is just making the standard point on behalf of you as his constituent then it demonstrates that he really has zero interest in this matter.

Comment

Thanks NB. Some recognition from main man must be positive. Being abroad I have little chance to meet my MP personally. Are there any more remote strategies on offer - more letter writing, telco with MP? Suggestions welcome.

Comment

MP Meeting this Morning

I am off to see my MP this morning, he is a former conservative Minister so not sure what to expect. I will update you all later today with any feedback I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Goinroamin View Post
                      I am off to see my MP this morning, he is a former conservative Minister so not sure what to expect. I will update you all later today with any feedback I get.
                      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X