• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donated

Another topup sent - looking forward to more better news. Thanks.

Comment

another CTD question

I seem to remember someone saying you only need to buy CTDs up to the value of the suspended liabilities not including interest. Is that true ? ie if i'm up for 100k suspended plus 50k interest i should only buy ctd to 100k because HMRC do not charge interest on the interest. Hope i'm making sense, can anyone confirm ?

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
        I seem to remember someone saying you only need to buy CTDs up to the value of the suspended liabilities not including interest. Is that true ? ie if i'm up for 100k suspended plus 50k interest i should only buy ctd to 100k because HMRC do not charge interest on the interest. Hope i'm making sense, can anyone confirm ?
        That is what I understood from DR too.
        http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
          Correct.

Comment

CTD

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            Correct.
            Can you get tax relief on a CTD if purchased through your limited company?
            Last edited by MMSguru; 30 October 2012, 19:53.
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MMSguru View Post
              Can you get tax relief on a CTD if purchased from your limited company?
              Don't know but you'd also need to check that a CTD in your company's name could be used to pay your personal tax. See:

Paying another party's tax liability

HM Revenue & Customs: The Certificate of Tax Deposit scheme

If you've got an accountant I'd ask them.

Comment

Latest newsletter available on website

For anyone who didn't receive the October NTRT newsletter, its is now available on the members page of the website.

Thanks and regards

Santa
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

More cash donated

Originally posted by WhiteCat View Post
                  Another topup sent - looking forward to more better news. Thanks.
                  Another donation wisely invested in the NTRT campaign and more cash that the scum will not be able to steal from me.

Thanks to all at NTRT who are working tirelessly on this, it is hugely appreciated!

Comment

Good followed up from my MP

Since the most recent Gauke letter I sent a response to my MP cited disgust over the ignorance shown by this Government with regards to big companies and their legal tax avoidance, his reply was surprising:

"Dear X,

Thank you for your recent letter regarding your ongoing issues with David Gauke MP and Section 58 of the Finance Bill.

I can understand your frustrations and it is no surprise to me that you have cited the tax avoidance of large companies in your emails in relation to your case. This, I can assure you, is a hugely frustrating issue of the Government, all MPs and, I know, the public at large.

While, as you know from previous letters, it appears HM Treasury remain firm in their stance on this matter I am more than happy to continue to support you by putting forward representations to the Minister and seeking replies. I will continue to pay close attention to the matter and, as previously, will pass on the response.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to me.

Your sincerely,

Mark Menzies, MP for Fylde"

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                      Since the most recent Gauke letter I sent a response to my MP cited disgust over the ignorance shown by this Government with regards to big companies and their legal tax avoidance, his reply was surprising:

"Dear X,

Thank you for your recent letter regarding your ongoing issues with David Gauke MP and Section 58 of the Finance Bill.

I can understand your frustrations and it is no surprise to me that you have cited the tax avoidance of large companies in your emails in relation to your case. This, I can assure you, is a hugely frustrating issue of the Government, all MPs and, I know, the public at large.

While, as you know from previous letters, it appears HM Treasury remain firm in their stance on this matter I am more than happy to continue to support you by putting forward representations to the Minister and seeking replies. I will continue to pay close attention to the matter and, as previously, will pass on the response.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to me.

Your sincerely,

Mark Menzies, MP for Fylde"

Excellent - and I had a similar response from my Conservative MP too.

We need to keep on providing the information to keep this high on the agenda.

Grip.

Comment

Working...
                      X