• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Well, despite numerous requests and even a cross party letter calling on him to do so, he is still avoiding even meeting with NTRT.

He is happy to find time to meet Tory backbenchers about S58 but not us.
    Have you any idea where he lives? Particularly round Westminster? Or would such direct lobbying be counter productive?

Comment

He is happy to find time to meet Tory backbenchers about S58 but not us.
      Running scared? Backbenchers he can "whip" into shape with a certain amount of explanation of party interests and potentially bring a few back into the fold. Clearly he may find it rather more difficult to have the same impact on other interested parties.

It seems clear you have their attention now. Keeping the momentum going will hopefully yield some dividend.

Good luck with the committee today, I sincerely hope it doesn't get talked out.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        Running scared? Backbenchers he can "whip" into shape with a certain amount of explanation of party interests and potentially bring a few back into the fold. Clearly he may find it rather more difficult to have the same impact on other interested parties.

It seems clear you have their attention now. Keeping the momentum going will hopefully yield some dividend.

Good luck with the committee today, I sincerely hope it doesn't get talked out.
        When he met with a group of Tory backbenchers he told them that neither of the parties in the coalition would support an amendment, and (obviously) nor would Labour.

A couple of months ago I would have assumed the same...

Comment

You can listen live here:

If we hear when it will actually be debated we will let you know.

It can be replayed afterwards.
          DR, assume we dont have any further details on timing?

Comment

When he met with a group of Tory backbenchers he told them that neither of the parties in the coalition would support an amendment, and (obviously) nor would Labour.

A couple of months ago I would have assumed the same...
            But once they learn what actually happened... Here's to breaking through the ignorance barrier!
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              DR, assume we dont have any further details on timing?
              I would assume it would be at the end of business late this afternoon but fact is we don't know.

Comment

Player

Waffle, waffle, waffle...

Comment

Player

Waffle, waffle, waffle...
                  Indeed, although the posh twat is defending legal avoidance!

Comment

seriously theyre talking about ******* safari parks!!!! arent there bigger fish to fry, if we dont get airtime due to Woburn Abbey I will be p*ssed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                      seriously theyre talking about ******* safari parks!!!! arent there bigger fish to fry, if we dont get airtime due to Woburn Abbey I will be p*ssed!!!!
                      Agree. Get Daktari off, he's ruining the show. Who's morality should we be using then...yours Daktari?

Comment

Working...
                      X