• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend payment timing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I guess the same could be said if you forgot to a div in the tax year and then realised later it might have been a good idea.

After all no-one checks when the paperwork is actually done...

Although my accountant, properly quite correctly, does insist its done properly. i.e. I've got to tell him today or tomorrow if I want one more dividend.
    What exactly is the point of this message except to splash the contents of your head at that moment on the forum. One moment you condone fudging the paperwork and then you say it should be done properly. At least have some basis to your post than just random mumblings that mean nothing to anyone else but you please.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What exactly is the point of this message except to splash the contents of your head at that moment on the forum. One moment you condone fudging the paperwork and then you say it should be done properly. At least have some basis to your post than just random mumblings that mean nothing to anyone else but you please.
      Just trying to point out that even though it should be done properly, theres no way to check if you want to fiddle it.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by richardgere
        Nice post. I would like to know that Is dividend timing depend on any calendar or financial year?
        Isn't the answer to that in the first post by the OP? Might have to read between the lines and think about it a bit though......

Comment

Originally posted by richardgere
          Nice post. I would like to know that Is dividend timing depend on any calendar or financial year?
          Nope, it doesn't matter at all. As long as you have sufficient cleared net profits, nobody cares.

Your resultant tax position though... well that's a whole other problem.

HTH
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Nope, it doesn't matter at all. As long as you have sufficient cleared net profits, nobody cares.

Your resultant tax position though... well that's a whole other problem.

HTH
            I'm so glad someone could put a polite answer.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I'm so glad someone could put a polite answer.
              LOL.. I thought this one might actually be worth risking an infraction for personally but very nicely put by Mal. Only problem is that it is so eloquent I don't think the poster will understand it
              Sometimes a bit of straight talking is what is needed

Comment

Working...
              X