• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend payment timing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I assume when you say your other half you mean your ex wife who wants some payment off you quick. If it is your current partner then tell her to **** off and that you run a business. Without this business she wouldn't have the money to make you get out.
    WHS. good one NLUK.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If it is your current partner then tell her to **** off and that you run a business.
      ROFLMAO!
      There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        I'll be transferring Fing 27k on Friday, just wait until Fing Friday, that is "ASAFP" to do it 100% Fing properly.

Tell her it's coming on Fing Friday. Is she a director/shareholder, if not tell her to mind her OFB.

Saying that my business and personal banking is at the same bank, so it only takes a blink of an eye for it to arrive.
        You must spread some reutation around before giving it to scragmeister again
        Love it..actaully lol'd then
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Arrrgggghhhh!!!! Schoolboy error....

I've just realised I've taken a dividend today whereas every previous year I've waited till April 6th.......tulip tulip tulip!!!

I will now owe about £1k in tax when I do the self assessment......what the hell was I thinking of........
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
            I've just realised I've taken a dividend today whereas every previous year I've waited till April 6th.......tulip tulip tulip!!!

I will now owe about £1k in tax when I do the self assessment......what the hell was I thinking of........
            I'm sorry but I did snigger when I read this!

Can't the paperwork just go walkies?
            There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

Directors loan and pay it back within 9 months of company year end. Sorted
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by topper View Post

I thought of that but I did the transfer from the company account today. Does that matter?
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Directors loan and pay it back within 9 months of company year end. Sorted
                  Of course!!! What dividend was that again?
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

So you wanted the div in next tax year not this one?

Comment

Originally posted by topper View Post

I guess the same could be said if you forgot to a div in the tax year and then realised later it might have been a good idea.

After all no-one checks when the paperwork is actually done...

Although my accountant, properly quite correctly, does insist its done properly. i.e. I've got to tell him today or tomorrow if I want one more dividend.

Comment

Working...
                      X