• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract offer pulled at last minute - no explanation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My data access request is around 15 days old, no word from the agent or the firm. It does seem odd to me that they would take this stance, surely me pursuing them for a breach of the data protection act is more hassle than it is worth? Anyway I will let you know if i get anywhere with it.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbeard View Post
      thanks for asking, in word no, if i've no idea if i have failed credit check or not why would i check my credit history?
      Because something in your credit history might tell you why you failed possibly? Maybe the got you down for some defaults you are not aware of or something. For 2 quid you should be doing this time to time anyway.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Because something in your credit history might tell you why you failed possibly? Maybe the got you down for some defaults you are not aware of or something. For 2 quid you should be doing this time to time anyway.
        Yes, definitely grab a copy of your credit report if you have not done so already. That is the most likely source of the problem...
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

ok ta, any recommended places i can get my credit report? The websites i've found look a bit dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbeard View Post
            ok ta, any recommended places i can get my credit report? The websites i've found look a bit dodgy.
            Maybe this is where the problem lies

Credit Check, Credit Score and Free Credit Report from Experian UK

Equifax - Free Credit Report, Credit Check and Identity Protection Services

Probably worth doing both as they are different organisations.

Read this to understand it

Credit Rating: How it works and how to improve it ...
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X