• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transactions with directors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transactions with directors

Hi

Please can someone confirm something for me.

I have recently submitted my return to companies house and also hmrc.

The problem I have is that I forgot to put in the details of the transactions with directors in the accounts when submitting accounts to hmrc and companies house.

The loans were very small max was £2500 and always paid back within a month.

I can ammend the hmrc submission as this is available through the online form submitted from hmrc but this is not available for companies house.

I read that you don't have to submit transactions with directors to companies house in abbreviated accounts, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe things have changed since I were a UK contractor, but I seem to recall that the return for CoHouse is a balance sheet, and the return for HMRC is a balance sheet and P&L account.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Maybe things have changed since I were a UK contractor, but I seem to recall that the return for CoHouse is a balance sheet, and the return for HMRC is a balance sheet and P&L account.
      The world also has planes, cars, computers, electricity now as well!!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Savvy View Post
        Hi

Please can someone confirm something for me.

I have recently submitted my return to companies house and also hmrc.

The problem I have is that I forgot to put in the details of the transactions with directors in the accounts when submitting accounts to hmrc and companies house.

The loans were very small max was £2500 and always paid back within a month.

I can ammend the hmrc submission as this is available through the online form submitted from hmrc but this is not available for companies house.

I read that you don't have to submit transactions with directors to companies house in abbreviated accounts, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
        This is certainly not required for the abbreviated accounts for Companies House.

Technically, this detail should be shown on the copy accounts sent to HMRC but I would not worry about it. From some of the accounts I have seen submitted, this will be the least of their problems.

Just show it on next year's.

Alan

Comment

Working...
        X