• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Wasn't sure where to put this but wanted some sensible answers

Current paying £106 per month for my place in Tottenham for what seems to be a very comprehensive Building and Contents policy from Santander.

This struck me as quite expensive, so I surfed confused.com etc and come up with what seems to be a similar deal at only £50 per month, so much small print though.

How much are you paying and where? Any company recommendations?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this but wanted some sensible answers

Current paying £106 per month for my place in Tottenham for what seems to be a very comprehensive Building and Contents policy from Santander.

This struck me as quite expensive, so I surfed confused.com etc and come up with what seems to be a similar deal at only £50 per month, so much small print though.

How much are you paying and where? Any company recommendations?
    Try Halifax or Sainsburys.

Comment

I'm with AA. Got B&C for around £170 this time around (for the year, not per month).

When i informed them that my home address is also my business address (and that no clients visit) the premium remained the same.
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

It's always better to go direct, than use a comparison website I used to work for confused and for home policies they can make up to £60 if you buy a policy through them.

Try More than, or use a comparison website and then run the quote direct through the lowest quoters website. Also look out for cashback deals through Quidco or TopCashBack
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Becareful though, we just got caught out with this. Having had the same insurers for a number of years we used the comparison sites and a few we looked at seem to have gone down the budget airlines thing where you get your price and then a number of options to tick with the 'extras' which are now split from the main policy that we had a while ago. We forgot/didn't understand this fully and didn't tick the 'away from home' option thinking we didn't have it in the last one but it was included witout any extra comment. Lost an item and was told we were not covered.

They may look cheaper on the comparison sites but they are not like for like anymore, this is their basic offer and you have to then tailor it which starts putting the price up.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I used MoreThan for years and it was about £45 per month, but then again it depends on where you live and Tottenham will be an expensive area premium wise.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I guess my cave in Wales is just pretty cheap to insure then
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
              X