• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freelance deisgner going Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good advice there, thanks ASB.

One last question to round things off: I can't really be bothered to think up some fancy company name - I think I'd be happy with Dave Stewart Ltd, if I pass all the other tests (as we discussed).

Do you see any problems with that? I was worried that the IR might think they were smelling a rat, but if I'm legit I don't see why I should have to "rename" just because I'm going Ltd.

Cheers again,
    Dave

Comment

IMHO, consider:

David Stewart Limited

Rather than

Dave Stewart Ltd

Instantly turns to class!
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        IMHO, consider:

David Stewart Limited

Rather than

Dave Stewart Ltd

Instantly turns to class!
        There's always the domain name to be considered when picking a company name.

Comment

Originally posted by davestewart
          Some good advice there, thanks ASB.

One last question to round things off: I can't really be bothered to think up some fancy company name - I think I'd be happy with Dave Stewart Ltd, if I pass all the other tests (as we discussed).

Do you see any problems with that? I was worried that the IR might think they were smelling a rat, but if I'm legit I don't see why I should have to "rename" just because I'm going Ltd.

Cheers again,
          Dave
          It is common (but by no means essential) to incorporate "off the shelf" with whatever name is going. Subsequently you change. You can check what is registered at companies house on line. Your suggested name is currently available, but if you do anything musical might have problems with "passing off" because "Dave Stewart Drums" is already incorporated.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
            There's always the domain name to be considered when picking a company name.
            davidstewart.ltd.uk

No match for "davidstewart.ltd.uk".

This domain name has not been registered.

WHOIS lookup made at 11:03:57 15-May-2006

Comment

I'm pretty happy with : www.davestewart.co.uk

Comment

I'm pretty happy with : www.davestewart.co.uk
                Apart from the fact I got bored on the first page - looks like one of those crappy pixel sites (no offense). It's better than my site though so I shouldn't complain

Comment

I don't use this site currently as I go under my other moniker which you'll find if you actually click something... (none taken)

Comment

I don't use this site currently as I go under my other moniker which you'll find if you actually click something... (none taken)
                    Oh you can click those!

Sorry I'm back from the old days where HTML was a convenient way of distributing information and all links were underlined.

Comment

Mooooooonnnnnnkkkkkkeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy...

Comment

Working...
                      X