• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corp Tax and Accounts pdf from hmrc can't access - expired features.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corp Tax and Accounts pdf from hmrc can't access - expired features.

So my accountant provided me with a electronic PDF copy of a file called CT6001, and a copy of the Tax_computation and Year_end_Accounts, once those documents had been submitted.

However I wanted to look at the accounts pdf, as I didn't keep a hard copy.

However I am stumped because they won't open and Adobe is presenting an alert dialog with the message "this document was created with extended features" "extended features have expired, please ask for an up to date copy"

Anyway, so I generate a new copy of the PDF using the option on the introduction page of the CT6001 pdf, which provides a button for that.

However I see the same problem with the new document, it complains the extended features have expired and shows a single page with the message "Printed output from the company tax return service" and nothing else.

The document is 150kB so its clear that this is the right document, as that is about the right size for my previous years pdf companies accounts.

I've tried on 2 machines running windows xp, and I don't have any other copies of windows available to try vista/7 and I don't really think it is appropriate to buy a copy of acrobat Pro just to view a previous doc.

Any suggestions on what I need to do here?

Thanks
    Tom

Ask your accountant for another copy/hard copy/non pdf copy*

* delete as appropriate
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Normally on the first page under "Printed output from the Company Tax Return Service" there should be links to iXBRL versions of the accounts and calculations and then 10 or more PDF pages of the actual CT600 stuff.

Think Adobe reader needs to be vn 9.2 or above to submit CT600, so may be same to read it. Try updating if less than that. Else go online or get back to accountant and get the bugger to send you a proper copy as per previous.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner

Yes really!!!!

Really???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner

Yes really!!!!

Really???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????
          Tut tut that isn't nice in the Prof forums....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have you tried uploading it to Google Docs and then convert it?
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Try Foxit, far lighter, less fussy and more secure than Adobe Reader.

Comment

Working...
              X