• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance Transfer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance Transfer

Hi ,

Hope anybody would help by sharing their experience as to what the process is when SC clearance gets transferred .. are some basic checks(including finding convictions) are done again .
    Last edited by rockstar; 7 April 2012, 14:07.

One of the purposes of SC process is to gauge your honest wrt to your past, you fail.

Comment

WHS. You should have informed (and still should inform) your current SSO, it's a condition of your clearance that you ensure you do. Not doing so has probably expired your clearance. It need not be a problem as long as everyone that needs to know does know.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        One of the purposes of SC process is to gauge your honest wrt to your past, you fail.
        What he said. You can get away with a number of misdemeanours. Many of them don't mean you are untrustworthy with respect to secret information. Unfortunately lying and being devious does...

It is also called fraud which is a legal issue. A minor point you might think but not when dealing with classified info. They are more likely to throw the book at you.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But please suggest if I have any chance of not loosing my SC now .
          Last edited by rockstar; 7 April 2012, 14:09.

Comment

Originally posted by rockstar View Post
            The incidents actually happened 3-4 months back for which I was cautioned and also got a conditonal discharge . I think I have no choice to inform the security officer and face it now , it may have been late .But please suggest if I have any chance of not loosing my SC now .
            We just don't know. They may not be bothered as it isn't a security facing charge, they might pass it over beacuse you are in the roll, they may walk u straight off site.

Just get on with it and tell us the outcome.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 9 January 2012, 08:20.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X