• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay SATR from company account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay SATR from company account

If I would issue a dividend for the amount of SATR I personally need to pay, do I have to pay the dividend to my personal account and then make a personal payment to HMRC? Or can I save a step - issue the dividend and then pay HMRC directly from the company account? Are there rules about dividends which make this dodgy?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

It would be cleaner to pay yourself then pay HMRC, but as long as you have the dividend voucher to back up the payment then it should be fine. It's not as if you're avoiding tax in any way.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I'd just do it as two steps. Its hardly heaps of work and the whole keeping the business separate to personal financed applies here (in my view anyway). I act like a business and hope hector treats me as one. Would Tesco pay the tax bill of a director but write it off against salary owed or would they stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        I'd just do it as two steps. Its hardly heaps of work and the whole keeping the business separate to personal financed applies here (in my view anyway). I act like a business and hope hector treats me as one. Would Tesco pay the tax bill of a director but write it off against salary owed or would they stay away.
        WHS +1
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X