• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compensation for waiting for goods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compensation for waiting for goods

Has anyone any idea if it is possible to charge a supplier for time when you are waiting in for goods and they don't deliver? Obviously we charge by the day so lose revenue when delivers fail to turn up an number of times

Obviously there is a background to this and have been messed about something shocking by a large high street bedding company and am seriously hacked off they can do this so thought I would look in to my options.

Has anyone had money back for free goods from these companies?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Has anyone any idea if it is possible to charge a supplier for time when you are waiting in for goods and they don't deliver? Obviously we charge by the day so lose revenue when delivers fail to turn up an number of times

Obviously there is a background to this and have been messed about something shocking by a large high street bedding company and am seriously hacked off they can do this so thought I would look in to my options.

Has anyone had money back for free goods from these companies?
    Don't think you're cut out for purchasing things NLUK.

Learn from it and move on

Only kidding mate can't offer anything constructive though
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Don't think you're cut out for purchasing things NLUK.

Learn from it and move on

Only kidding mate can't offer anything constructive though
      I wasn't expecting a smooth ride with my first question in a long time. Bring it on boyos!!!

Comment

Have you tried using the sites "SEARCH" function, let me know if you struggle with how to do so and maybe in future you should just buy direct from MF's tat shop?

On a serious note I don't think you will get anywhere so not worth the hassle, but good luck if you try and keep us posted
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Have you spoken to your accountant

I don't think there is any law regarding late delivery, presumably you could ask for your money back and cancel the order as they have not lived up to there side of the bargain or you could and probably the best option is find out who the tallest hog in the trough is and email phone them until there so fed up with you they offer compensation.

a mate of mine did this with his broadband issue and he ended up dealing with the PA to the head man at BT (i Kidyou not i saw the emails) and she sorted it out for him

Comment

For what it's worth, I've had money back for furniture and a bed for very small, barely noticable marks.

If it causes you loss of money for some reason, then complain and tell them, and ask what they are going to do about it.

If you don't ask etc....

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Have you tried using the sites "SEARCH" function,
              Ouch!!!

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              Have you spoken to your accountant
              Owwww!!

Comment

Try googling it and use the "I'm feeling lucky" function. Always works for me and saves a lot of time scrolling through pages and pages of guff.
                Last edited by RobertRice; 7 December 2011, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertRice View Post
                  Try googling it and use the "I'm feeling lucky" function. Always works for me and saves a lot of time scrolling through pages and pages of guff.
                  what's that got to with my post?

Comment

Try putting a post on the appropriate forum on Martin’s Money Tips. These kind of consumer rights questions frequently get asked, and you’re likely to get responses from people who know what they’re talking about (and plenty from people who like to think that they do but don’t!).

Link: Consumer Rights - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Comment

Working...
                    X