• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Cover - Does It Include Direct Clients Going Bust?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG Cover - Does It Include Direct Clients Going Bust?

I am thinking of taking out a PCG policy and was reading the terms of the insurance

Does anyone know whether the "Business Failure of the Agency" as defined here

Agency failure and default insurance | PCG

applies to going direct with a company?

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    I am thinking of taking out a PCG policy and was reading the terms of the insurance

Does anyone know whether the "Business Failure of the Agency" as defined here

Agency failure and default insurance | PCG

applies to going direct with a company?
    Is there an agent involved???

Jesus
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

WNLUKS. I'm not sure you can insure against direct risks in any shape or form, but you can always use an invoice factor to minimise the exposure.

BTW, what's a PCG Policy? They don't sell policies, they sell memberships. they are a not-for-profit, non-commercial representative body. You don't even get insurance, they insure themselves against the costs of supporting their members.

Why is that so hard to understand...?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Holy Cow. They sound awesome.

How would one join this brilliant organisation?

Comment

I used this brilliant thing that's a knock off of altavista called google and found this:

Home | PCG

You can join from 120+VAT per year.

Bargain of the century.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            I'm not sure you can insure against direct risks in any shape or form
            You can. Its just not worth it.

In theory you can insure against anything. However past a certain point the premiums don't make it worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Is there an agent involved???

Jesus
              No theres no agent involved.

Why would having an agent in the middle make much of a difference?

Besides what exactly is an agency? Its just another limited company. So if PCG are prepared to insure the end client (via the agency) why would they not be prepared to insure the client directly who will probably be more credit worthy

Comment

Because the policy is insuring you against agency failure. Kinda makes a huge difference.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 15 November 2011, 20:16.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Besides what exactly is an agency? Its just another limited company. So if PCG are prepared to insure the end client (via the agency) why would they not be prepared to insure the client directly who will probably be more credit worthy
                  Why don't you ask the PCG?

The PCG aren't prepared to insure the end client (via the agency), their insurance is against the agency going bust. Presumably, agencies either manage their risk, or insure against the client going bust. And what makes you think that the client would be any more credit worthy than an agency?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Why don't you ask the PCG?

The PCG aren't prepared to insure the end client (via the agency), their insurance is against the agency going bust. Presumably, agencies either manage their risk, or insure against the client going bust. And what makes you think that the client would be any more credit worthy than an agency?
                    Its not that PCG aren't prepared to insure against client default, it's just that they haven't got the cover at an appropriate cost - yet. I believe that they are currently looking at how they can add this to the plus package.

To be fair, as a contractor I can get a reasonably good view of a direct client from the credit agencies (PCG discounts available!) but an agency with typical exposure only needs one of many clients to go down in order to screw their cash-flow. I don't even know who the clients are, never mind credit check them all.
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                    X