• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

limited company formation by a tier 2 ICT partner visa holder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limited company formation by a tier 2 ICT partner visa holder

Hi,

I know that with this VISA ( tier 2 ICT Partner ) I am allowed to work in UK until the valid date shown in visa. But I would like to hear from experts that whether am allowed to form a limited company ?

I see only the following restriction mentioned in the VISA "No employment as a doctor or dentist in training".

Can somebody please clarify me ?

Thanks
    Sathiya

Originally posted by sathiyamoorthy View Post
    Hi,

I know that with this VISA ( tier 2 ICT Partner ) I am allowed to work in UK until the valid date shown in visa. But I would like to hear from experts that whether am allowed to form a limited company ?

I see only the following restriction mentioned in the VISA "No employment as a doctor or dentist in training".

Thanks
    Sathiya
    No idea, but I really really hope not. Why would you need one?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by sathiyamoorthy View Post
      Hi,

Thanks
      Sathiya
      Since you're the ICT "Partner" and not the one with the ICT you're able to run your own company. It's your partner who is restricted not you which is good news!

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Why ? - Am likely to take a contract soon - so thinking of forming a limited company.

Please note that, I am not holding "Tier 2 ICT", I am holding "Tier 2 ICT Partner" Visa.

Updated: Thanks Craig..
        Last edited by sathiyamoorthy; 31 October 2011, 10:14.

Comment

I really think you are in the wrong place for this. Your question is about the rules of your Visa. This is a contracting forum.

Bearing in mind the penalties for getting this wrong I would suggest you go ask a group who know something about visas, we don't.

I had a look around the web and it is just too confusing to help. One forum says you cannot be a director or sole trader on a Tier 2, another doesn't mention it, then you may have a different one.

This isn't the place to ask a question with such ramifications IMHO.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Check UKBA

Agree NLUK on this.

Have you tried UKBA?

Quick search on the site For the ICT holder - 'not be allowed to start up or run a business.'.

on the dependants page 'Your dependants are allowed to work, though your dependant cannot work as a doctor in training.' . Not detailed enough as ICT holder, i admit.

Am sure a quick check with UKBA will put you straight.

Comment

Working...
            X