• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, not Simon. Just someone who has been using them for a few years. Sheesh, not everyone's a sock puppet.

Comment

K&B Accountancy Group

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of these guys (K&B Accountancy Group)? I like the look of the offering and package (and they use IRIS Openbooks). Could just do with some third party views/experiences on them. Thanks

Comment

3 choices

Hi All,

I have looked up a couple of accountants and would be grateful for anyones recommendation.

- Intouch accounting w ww.intouchaccounting.com - Contractor Accountants - InTouch Accounting

- BI Accountancy w ww.biaccountancy.com - Contractor Accountants Manchester - Fixed Fee Accountants

- Brookson w ww.brookson.co.uk- Contractor Accountant and Accountants for Contractors Brookson - Brookson Ltd
        Last edited by cojak; 5 May 2015, 11:41. Reason: Removed links

Comment

PaperRocket Accounting

A +1 for these people from me. Very helpful with all my noobie questions and my accountant answers my queries our of hours, at weekends and even when she's on holiday.

A FreeAgent subscription is included in the price and it's a breeze to use, I can see the real-time state of my company's finances from anywhere.

Comment

Has anyone used Power Accountax before? Their £59+VAT / month offer seems really good, but on the other hand I don't want to end up in trouble just by saving a few pounds every month..

Comment

Can't recommend Crunch enough

Personally in my early years of trading i was sceptical of using an online piece of accounting software and so opted for a traditional accountant who i could go and visit, cutting a long story short it went really bad, on the surface everything was fine but it turns out he had been ripping me off for near 7 years and left me in a right mess with HMRC etc, just before it all kicked off with him i had moved over to Crunch so i had greater control over my own finances and figures, as i used to setup invoices on one system and then manually track expenses in something else and Crunch seemed like combining it all together was a good idea. With all the mess that the previous accountant had caused it was a close call whether or not to call it a day, but with some excellent help from the Crunch team i got through it all, and even now three years in they are always there for anything i need, i thought it would be a hassle using a service like this, but its saving me a lot of time and making taxes etc a lot easier to see and deal with, plus they are really there for you in making your money work for you and getting the most out of what you can do with your business, personally i would say you have nothing to lose to give them a try even for a year ? and that way you have the excellent service and access to the online software, which in my opinion is a life saver, seeing what effect an invoice and expenses makes on my Corp Tax bill, profits and VAT etc in realtime is awesome and you have nothing unknown awaiting you then.
              Last edited by administrator; 8 June 2015, 21:32. Reason: Remove hyperlink.

Comment

Originally posted by lemonjelly View Post
                A +1 for these people from me. Very helpful with all my noobie questions and my accountant answers my queries our of hours, at weekends and even when she's on holiday.

A FreeAgent subscription is included in the price and it's a breeze to use, I can see the real-time state of my company's finances from anywhere.
                I'm going to move from umbrella to own limited company and I'm looking for a FreeAgent friendly accountant. I looked up PaperRocket - if you require references (for visas, etc.) you need to get the Platinum package costing £175 per month, which I feel is very steep.

Comment

Originally posted by sravs View Post
                  I'm going to move from umbrella to own limited company and I'm looking for a FreeAgent friendly accountant. I looked up PaperRocket - if you require references (for visas, etc.) you need to get the Platinum package costing £175 per month, which I feel is very steep.
                  We support FreeAgent Feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by sravs View Post
                    There are a number of providers out there who can support freeagent (myself included), VISA's will often be an extra cost but the monthly fee can be reduced significantly compared to the above, as it is unlikely you will need a VISA every couple of months to acocunt for the difference.

Comment

Get yerselves down to Jones Harris at Fleetwood, Lancashire. They're far better than those brothers up the coast. They might not be the cheapest but I wouldnt recommend anyone else. Ive used them for nigh on 17 years now.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X