• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
    And with that contact list available, why can't they ask the scheme members to write to their Members of Parliament. Not everybody reads these forums or wants to. I know of a good number of people who are caught by this "crime of parliament" yet they don't come here to get the updates.

If only 100 of us have done so it will make no odds whereas thousand may make people sit up and listen.
    This is very true. I have wrote to mine, got the reply (Gauke's standard one) and wrote back requesting a face2face. Please, can everyone hound their MP and write to all the various govt committees mentioned on here. We must keep this going.
    Lord Clyde in 1929: ‘No man is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it under the taxing statutes for the purpose of depleting the taxpayer’s pocket. And the taxpayer is entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Revenue.’

Comment

Originally posted by nick4notax View Post
      This is very true. I have wrote to mine, got the reply (Gauke's standard one) and wrote back requesting a face2face. Please, can everyone hound their MP and write to all the various govt committees mentioned on here. We must keep this going.
      Indeed, I've got my meeting arranged for May 12th with my MP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
        "A bird in the hand, never boils"
        Your obviously going with the wrong kind of birds.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Hi and welcome.

I've seen the letter and heard from other degraaf clients who were equally unimpressed.

Hopefully their next comms will be a bit more positive.
          Thanks DR, and for your help before now (info sent to me for my MP letter).

I hope it gets more positive soon too, but we just have to keep doing what we can to get the news out as, in spite of our efforts, no one outside this group has any idea that this has happened...

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            welcome gripracing ...glad to see folks joining the forum to say hi ... we are stronger together
            Thanks, and like so many others (I expect) I've been reading this forum for quite a while and have written letters to my MP and TSC.

I know it's hard to judge how many but I think that there are a lot like me who are doing as suggested but have nothing to actually contribute to the forum so we just keep reading it to keep up to date.

Comment

Health Workers

Jane Kennedy referred to Health Workers joining the scheme. This was again referenced in MacDougall's witness statement in the High Court.

Are there any such "Health Workers" reading this thread or does anyone know any such people that joined the scheme? Probably not through MontP, maybe another promoter?

Thanks
              Last edited by Emigre; 29 March 2012, 12:17. Reason: Too many beers in the sun
              Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
              "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

IMAGINE

IMAGINE

RETROSPCTION.
                Retrospection is a bad thing. Especially in respect of TAX or other sanctions

Ronald Regan said
                "Our federal tax system is, in short, utterly impossible, utterly unjust and completely counterproductive, it reeks with injustice and is fundamentally un-American... it has earned a rebellion and it's time we rebelled." (is ours any better?)

George Washington Similar things

William Simon said
                "The nation should have a tax system that looks like someone designed it on purpose"

For a stable progressive democracy you need stability and the certain rule of law. For businesses investment the directors need to take on board all their foreseen liabilities. Otherwise they won’t invest. Leads to less jobs.

The rule of law has to be stable

Democracy fails when there is uncertainty and retrospection particularly without impact assessments.
                Retrospection brings uncertainty, uncertainty brings mistrust, broken dreams.

Look at the London riots. All kinds of ‘thinkers’ have different ideas to their cause.
                There is massive uncertainty about the cause. Democracy is at risk if we can’t agree the cause and cure.
                Some people will just shut their eyes. There are none so blind that don’t want to see.

The riots happened even though no laws had been changed to affect the individual rioter’s rites
                Imagine if RETROSPECTIVE laws were brought in to………. whatever

There would be uncertainty; Democracy would be ‘at risk’

In some cases retrospection would be a good thing !

Go to a young boy and tell him we are using retrospection.
                He is now son of the King of the Gods, the son of Zues. The world is yours my son and everything in it.

Go to a young modest shy girl Tell her we are altering her retrospective life
                She is now the daughter of the Queen of Sheba as beautiful as Cleopatra, or even Aphrodite Her future is golden.

When I’ve been dead 10,000 years I am going to the great Almighty and asking him to use retrospection and change my demise arrangements.

Go to all the few people who brought about BN66 using the methods they did, maybe 20 people or so (out of a population of 70,000,000 people this Country, (the majority of whom have never heard of retrospective tax), never mind understand, or agree, with it.

Then go to all of the many MPs, 600 or so who voted for this grotesque bill in Parliament, without even understanding the impact of same…..bankruptcies, marriage breakdowns, houses being lost, stress, health being ruined, kids futures severely damaged, lives being ruined, dreams being broken (3,000 users of the schemes 2.4 kids per family maybe 7,200 kids) add the scheme users spouses 3000……. 13,200 people. Then add them to the grandparents who are affected say 1500, and don’t forget the schemes were not all to do with I T Contractors. Say add another 1500 grandparents 14,700+ people

14,700+ people

Those that brought this hideous situation about will say this is an exaggeration. I say 14,700 people will suffer at least one of the above vested terrible injustices . The majority will suffer many of these afflictions

Then go to the 20 people who brought this about, add the lazy MPs, and, tell them, with respect, we are retrospectively altering their Genealogy

Tell them their Mother never married their father.

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                  Jane Kennedy referred to Health Workers joining the scheme. This was again referenced in MacDougall's witness statement in the High Court.

Are there any such "Health Workers" reading this thread or does anyone know any such people that joined the scheme? Probably not through MontP, maybe another promoter?

Thanks
                  Jane Kennedy
                  Sorry don't know any 'Health Workers@ only........

She worked in social care for Liverpool City Council from 1979 to 1988 when she became a trade union organiser for the National Union of Public Employees (NUPE). In Liverpool she had been prominent in the campaign to drive members of the Militant tendency out of the Labour Party.

She was an excellent MP very thoughtful, and very caring.
                  Last edited by Ganimos; 29 March 2012, 13:15.

Comment

Health workers and the scheme

I know a little about this. health workers were considered, but in the end it could not be made to work as firstly patients would have had to receive a bill from MRG instead of their doctor and secondly doctors' bills are exempt for VAT. MRG was 17.5%. There were difficulties setting up a VAT exempt entity for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Overwhelmed View Post
                      I know a little about this. health workers were considered, but in the end it could not be made to work as firstly patients would have had to receive a bill from MRG instead of their doctor and secondly doctors' bills are exempt for VAT. MRG was 17.5%. There were difficulties setting up a VAT exempt entity for this purpose.
                      Thanks, you have PM
                      Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                      "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Working...
                      X