• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not received any comms from hmrc regarding the sc judgement??

Comment

Originally posted by ALMAC View Post
      Does anyone have any firm details of the Sou Moto settlement?

Surely HMRC must offer this deal at worst case in the interest of fairness?

Sorry I forgot that the word "fairness" has been stricken from their code of conduct.
      Fairness is a completely subjective word, only to be used by those in government.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Montpelier have full details of the Suo Motu deal.

We know the users paid a discounted rate of tax on the trust income. No NIC. No interest.

I tried to get HMRC to publicly disclose the terms of the deal under FOI but they refused.

The Suo Motu deal - a Freedom of Information request to HM Revenue and Customs - WhatDoTheyKnow
        We all know HMRC did a deal. The fact that they won't disclose it speaks volumes.

This is what we should be pushing for as an absolute minimum in my opinion.

Comment

Montpelier have full details of the Suo Motu deal.

We know the users paid a discounted rate of tax on the trust income. No NIC. No interest.
          DR, How do we know this? Is there factual evidence that could be submitted to a tax tribunal? If so, it's only right that we have this same option open to us, in the interests of...
          ..er...
          ...fairness?

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
            DR, How do we know this? Is there factual evidence that could be submitted to a tax tribunal? If so, it's only right that we have this same option open to us, in the interests of...
            ..er...
            ...fairness?
            Oh, it's better than this.

Some of the Suo Motu users subsequently switched to the Montpelier scheme.

In other words, some Montpelier users have already benefited from the deal.

This is how Montpelier know all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
              ..er...
              ...fairness?
              There is indeed factual evidence. MP have it.

Comment

Oh, it's better than this.

Some of the Suo Motu users subsequently switched to the Montpelier scheme.

In other words, some Montpelier users have already benefited from the deal.

This is how Montpelier know all the details.
                hahahahaha that is brilliant, totally brilliant....I would like a Vodafone or Goldmann type concession please...I do wonder if HMRC have any idea of the hailstorm of tulip thats gonna hit them at the tribunals.

Comment

HMRC, if you're reading this, which no doubt you lazy good for nothings are... I really think you should lower your expectation as to how much money you're going to collect in the face of the above evidence.

oh... happy friday by the way.

Comment

HMRC will say that was then, this is now.

But they will have some explaining to do.

Why did they do a deal on a scheme which they maintain never worked?

They might be able to argue that the foregoing of interest was a concession. But why no NICs?

I'm sure they think they've won but it's not quite over yet.

Comment

HMRC will say that was then, this is now.

But they will have some explaining to do.

Why did they do a deal on a scheme which they maintain never worked?

They might be able to argue that the foregoing of interest was a concession. But why no NICs?

I'm sure they think they've won but it's not quite over yet.
                      Bring them on, they havent' met my wife yet...

She has lost her mother this week, and she isn't going to be too chuffed at facing losing her home as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X