• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC audit going badly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterpork View Post
    Hello - I haven't moved location but...
    I stopped claiming at the point I knew I'd pass 24 months
    I've had 18 months not claiming.
    Can I start claiming again?

I would argue that not claiming is the same in principle (and material effect) as not working there.

Would really value your opinions...
    Thanks
    Peter
    You could of couse read the whole thread and understand it. If you fail at this you could at least give us a decent explaination of your situtation. I ASSUME you are still at the same client. The clock doesn't start again until you move out of the area to a new client or office. If your location hasn't changed then you can no longer claim...ever..

I can't even understand your argument.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would argue that not claiming is the same in principle (and material effect) as not working there.

Thanks
      Peter
      Well you could argue it, but you'd be wrong.

You must in a different location physically to start claiming.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hello - I haven't moved location but...
        I stopped claiming at the point I knew I'd pass 24 months
        I've had 18 months not claiming.
        Can I start claiming again?

Thanks
        Peter
        Absolutely not - the 24 month rule applies to the location of your assignment; if you have worked there for more than 24 months you cannot claim travel or accommodation expenses
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
        X