• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client refusing to pay because 'budget for project finished in April 2011'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do know that April 2011 comes after March 2011?

So have you invoiced the agent? You can't sue/demand anything from anyone until you've done that. Remember your contract is with the agent; if the client won't pay it's their problem, not yours, so forget all about the client and their budgets, it's nothing to do with you.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMagic1908 View Post
      I have only just managed to find someone who can sign them (or I thought I did!), but I have just got a message from the person who was going to sign them saying his line manager has said they won't be signed because the budget which was paying for the project I was on closed at the end of April 2011....
      So the people who were authorised to sign the timesheets, did they ignore emails, phone calls etc?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMagic1908 View Post
        On my last day there was no-one around to sign off my timesheets....they won't be signed because the budget which was paying for the project I was on closed at the end of April 2011....
        You know that opt-out the agency were desperate for you to sign? Did you sign it? This is important.

If you didn't opt-out then just invoice the agency and follow the procedure recommended in the link posted by Hex: http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...sing-debt.html

If you did opt out then you have a real fight on your hands. Don't sign the opt out next time.....

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        So have you invoiced the agent? You can't sue/demand anything from anyone until you've done that. Remember your contract is with the agent; if the client won't pay it's their problem, not yours, so forget all about the client and their budgets, it's nothing to do with you.
        Agreed, that's good advice from VectraMan too.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Even if you did sign the opt-out then send the Invoice if you haven't already.

Comment

Someone previously mentioned a solicitor ......

Just wanted to tell you, Ive been in a similar situation. You can demand to have your sheet signed. But as you said, if they want you off site, it's a tricky situation ...

There are always clients and agencies, that try to wriggle out of payment. I have a solicitor that sends the party a strongly worded letter when Ive had this happen before. Most of the time it works.

After a while though, you learn to recognise a shister and avoid them. In future, ask your agency/referrer for the clients details when you accept an assignment. Before you start work on site, check their credentials. Most non payers have a LONG history of such business methods.

I have a list of certain businesses, that after personal experience I would never deal with again.

Comment

Working...
            X