• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT receipts or Warranty!?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT receipts or Warranty!?!?

I submitted a VAt receipt for a laptop to my composite company admin department. I have asked for the origional receipt back for warranty purposes and they have said if you want the original they won't be able to claim VAT back on the item?

Basically it's VAT back or your warranty.

Has anyone encountered this problem before or know a solution?
    and yes my composite are the most unhelpfull omebas I have ever had the misfortune to come accross and yes I'm in the process of moving elsewhere, but need advice to overcome this latest melodrama with them.

...in hope

For VAT claim purposes, a copy is entirely acceptable, especially if you can provide the original on demand (and offer to return it to them once the warranty expires if they really want to be totally anal about it).

Glad to see you're moving on though.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
    X