• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AR01 form Annual return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR01 form Annual return

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice?

I got a letter today from CH saying they are passing my case over to their solicitors for not returning the AR01 form

I have just checked my cheque book stub and there is an entry there for the £15 on line fee (which I send to my accountant and they deal with the on-line payment)

My account doesnt recall sending it and has said they will send the form again tonmorow if I send them an electronic payment

My main concern is will they prosocute me or will they accept the new form from my account?

Many Thanks

Best contact companies house to let them know you are going to file it asap and then get the your accountant to do it online. Filing it online is instant so there is no manual form filling or delays with submission.

Comment

If he was paid to do it I would certainly expect the accountant to pay any fine.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Did the accountant cash the cheque?

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I've checked back and it looks as if the cheque wasn't cashed
          To be fair, during the time I sent the form off, I did it from work and the internal/external post was noted for being crapola, so perhaps it jusr wasn't sent!

My accountant has submitted the form and it has been accepted, so it all looks OK

Comment

The fact it has been passed over may not mean you are in that much trouble yet. As Craig says if you pay it off quick they may just close the job before any more time is wasted. It is not in their best interest to push for a prosecution as it will cost a hell of a lot more to do that than it will just take your money and continue business as normal. You may expect some kind of fine or 'admin charge' which as has been mentioned your accountant should pay. With only a stub on your cheque book you might be in for a fight.

Pay it and get it done quick and then see what happens first.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X