• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loans from EBTs and other Trusts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

done

well done NTRT .. mine sent

Comment

Not all template letters get binned

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      It's form/templated letters on campaigns addressed to MPs that get ignored, not to Departments...
      Not all do actually in my experience. I've sent several letters to my MP based on a template, changed slightly to suit my circumstance, concerning retro tax. Had replies from him (and letters from the Treasury via him) and even a constituency meet.

Comment

Originally posted by normalbloke View Post
        Not all do actually in my experience. I've sent several letters to my MP based on a template, changed slightly to suit my circumstance, concerning retro tax. Had replies from him (and letters from the Treasury via him) and even a constituency meet.
        MPS are only obliged to respond to personal communications from their consituents. If you changed it, even a little bit, it shows you've read it before you send it off so presumably have some interest in the subject. If they get 100 letters all with the same text, they will assume is a mass-mailing with no personal involvement by someone trying to buck the system and it will have the same weight as a petition signed by Mickey Mouse and his friends.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Last chance to stop the proposed "pay disputed tax upfront" legislation

Dear all

Just a reminder that this weekend is your last chance to respond to the proposed legislation on ‘Tackling marketed tax avoidance’.

As you probably know, the Government intends to introduce an accelerated payment measure which will give HMRC the power to link your tax affairs to another person's case and demand money up front, with no right of appeal.

If HMRC are granted these powers, it will allow them to demand almost immediate payment of disputed tax before you have had the chance to have your case heard at the tax tribunal (FTT).

If you do one thing this weekend, be sure to spend 10 minutes firing off an email to ask that these proposals are rejected. This is your last chance, so don't bury your heads in the sand!

See here for exact instructions... Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation

With apologies and many thanks to everyone who has already responded!

Regards

Santa
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Retrospection

Whilst we are in a little bit of a hiatus it is interesting to indulge in some retrospection and check out a couple of posts from 13th July 2011 - page 26 - and note how prescient some of the remarks are. I also note the reference in one to HR legislation.

Comment

Latest information about hmrc further actions

Please PM me if you would like to receive copies of the latest updates on proposed changes to the law that will affect all Contractors with open appeals and enquiries.

Comment

EBT resolution

Hello there,
                Are you aware that current EBT issues can be resolved?
                Kind regards
                Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ianddd View Post
                  Hello there,
                  Kind regards
                  Ian
                  How Ian?

I'm sure that we're all keen to hear your answer...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

PROPOSED NEW LEGAL POWERS FOR HMRC - Marketed tax avoidance consultation

Please contact your Member of Parliament to object against the draft legislation which will be applied with retrospective effect if it should become law.

The response document will be published on 19 March 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Ianddd View Post
                      Hello there,
                      Kind regards
                      Ian
                      Do tell
                      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X