• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loans from EBTs and other Trusts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have any legal right for stopping this?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      The debate should really be moved to General along with all the other silly rubbish IMHO. Legal and General is for serious stuff and actually helping people who are in this situation.
      My concern would be exactly what help are these threads providing apart from false hope?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The debate should really be moved to General along with all the other silly rubbish IMHO. Legal and General is for serious stuff and actually helping people who are in this situation.
        No it shouldn't. Other posters have a right to post opposing opinions in a serious debate. All I expect is that it's done in a civilized manner.

The HMRC Enquiries forum is there to help people and will continue to do that.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by jimys View Post
          Do we have any legal right for stopping this?
          Read up on what you can do here http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post1879913
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Thanks. Looking into it we have only one option of writting an email. I doubt it would make any different.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              No it shouldn't. Other posters have a right to post opposing opinions in a serious debate. All I expect is that it's done in a civilized manner.

The HMRC Enquiries forum is there to help people and will continue to do that.
              Well of course, as the moderator, you have the right to do whatever you want. But for the majority of people on the Legal and Accounting threads, this is not just a debating game.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

This is the only thread where people may post opposing opinions on EBT's in a serious manner.

I am very firm not to prevent threads from veering off-track, but I will not stifle debate when I think that all views have a right to be heard.

This thread was in existence before HMRC's letters were sent out and I decided to let it remain in the manner it evolved into before the v2.0 EBT'ers appeared.

Comment

Well of course, as the moderator, you have the right to do whatever you want. But for the majority of people on the Legal and Accounting threads, this is not just a debating game.
                  Just because you want to live in your delusional world, where eventually HMRC will give up and you won't have to pay them a large amount of money, that doesn't mean you can stop others from saying that you are delusioned. Sadly I think the millionaire inventor of your scheme upset enough people in HMRC that they will do anything to ensure they get the money...

As for the newer EBT schemes I think HMRC have learnt that the longer they have to wait for the money the more likely circumstances change and the money becomes unattainable. As such the new desire to get money asap is to ensure the excuse I'll go unfairly bankrupt if I have to pay doesn't wash.

It also changes the onus on the appeals from HMRC asking for money to the taxpayer trying to claim it back... While that may result in far, far claims being processed in the short term it does destroy the future viability of those schemes.. The claim that you can receive 85% of your contract value, but you'll have to lend 30-40% of that money to HMRC for a few years first makes those schemes very unattractive.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Just because you want to live in your delusional world, where eventually HMRC will give up and you won't have to pay them a large amount of money, that doesn't mean you can stop others from saying that you are delusioned. Sadly I think the millionaire inventor of your scheme upset enough people in HMRC that they will do anything to ensure they get the money...

As for the newer EBT schemes I think HMRC have learnt that the longer they have to wait for the money the more likely circumstances change and the money becomes unattainable. As such the new desire to get money asap is to ensure the excuse I'll go unfairly bankrupt if I have to pay doesn't wash.

It also changes the onus on the appeals from HMRC asking for money to the taxpayer trying to claim it back... While that may result in far, far claims being processed in the short term it does destroy the future viability of those schemes.. The claim that you can receive 85% of your contract value, but you'll have to lend 30-40% of that money to HMRC for a few years first makes those schemes very unattractive.
                    Just go and die. I am not interested in conversing with you.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Just go and die. I am not interested in conversing with you.
                      Quoted to ensure you can't edit your banning offence... Hopefully it will be permanent....

And if that is the attitude you have when dealing with people and MPs on SN66 no wonder so few people are interested in looking at your concerns.

Your attitude is probably why others aren't interested in helping you even given the stories of suicide and family ruin (and no doubt the false hope is adding to their pain). I know that if I had the choice of helping them or not the idea of having to deal with you and your inability to listen or discuss would put me in the not helping camp (where most MPs are)...
                      Last edited by eek; 31 January 2014, 12:05.

Comment

Working...
                      X