• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loans from EBTs and other Trusts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newquay

A number of years ago I was with Newquay Professional. I have since left the UK and am living abroad and Newquay are requesting I sign a loan agreement. I'm not aware of any correspondence from HMRC as I'm no longer in the UK.

I haven't really been across the EBT news of late, are the loan agreements to protect me and should I sign?

Comment

Question from clueless

Hi, I am a self employer recruiter with an ltd business, I have been looking at these guys and I am about to sign up -

Mod snip - no more schemes please.

I take it you know these guys? are they OK? - I am totally clueless and I dont want to end up going to jail but I do want to pay off my mortgage which has so far not been possible due to crippling corporation tax bills.

Please let me know if this is or is not safe to use, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by idiotrecruiter View Post
        Hi, I am a self employer recruiter with an ltd business, I have been looking at these guys and I am about to sign up -

Mod snip - no more schemes please

I take it you know these guys? are they OK? - I am totally clueless and I dont want to end up going to jail but I do want to pay off my mortgage which has so far not been possible due to crippling corporation tax bills.

How edited is this comment. Crippling corporation tax bills? I mean 20% isn't that much compared to paying PAYE.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by idiotrecruiter View Post

Mod snip - no more schemes please

No, you won't end up in jail - this isn't Germany.

But you will end up bankrupt.

Do your research and see if you can find your company amongst this lot...

HMRC Scheme Enquiries

And here is how to search using Google.
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

And find out on here how predators catch little fish like you...

And if you think 21% corporation tax is crippling, you need to reconsider your outgoings.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I just removed the URL link eek, that's all.

I think that the only people 'asking' about crap 'tax wealth management' schemes these days are the promoters themselves, 1 post Charlies...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Following on from the budget, will these proposals effectively close down and see an end to these various offshore schemes, often based on the Isle of Man? At least it may stop them clogging up this forum

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...intermediaries

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...n-partnerships
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                Following on from the budget, will these proposals effectively close down and see an end to these various offshore schemes, often based on the Isle of Man? At least it may stop them clogging up this forum

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...intermediaries

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...n-partnerships
                Only for somthing else to pop up in their place, Waldorf.

I think that this poster was a promoter placing the 'crippling corporation tax bills' guff to soften us up.

Comment

Newquay / corrance

Originally posted by pexel View Post
                  A number of years ago I was with Newquay Professional. I have since left the UK and am living abroad and Newquay are requesting I sign a loan agreement. I'm not aware of any correspondence from HMRC as I'm no longer in the UK.

I haven't really been across the EBT news of late, are the loan agreements to protect me and should I sign?
                  Hi, I am in the same situation and not sure what to do as Newquay stopped their scheme more than 2 years ago. It seems odd they want us to sign loan agreements after all this time.
                  Pexel, did you sign the loan agreements. Have you had any further information?

Comment

Hi Pexel and Chief,

I would ask your question in the HMRC Enquiries forum, you may get an answer there.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-scheme-enquiries/

Comment

This should be of concern to us all

Government consultation re. legislation to be included in this year's budget.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._avoidance.pdf

"Proposals to require individuals and companies to pay the tax in dispute
                      during an enquiry or appeal relating to tax avoidance."

Comment

Working...
                      X