• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CBN global

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBN global

Opinions thoughts or experiences with CBN Global anyone? Never heard of them before but just had an email.

CBN Global, compliance and tax efficiency for freelance contracting in the UK or overseas
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    Opinions thoughts or experiences with CBN Global anyone? Never heard of them before but just had an email.

CBN Global, compliance and tax efficiency for freelance contracting in the UK or overseas
    Putting money into a pension fund saves a lot of taxes, but it doesn't help pay the mortgage next month. HMRC are attacking all non-UK taxation schemes and will continue to do so. As I've said beforfe, people already in such schemes probably have a fighting chance of defending them, but given the message in the last budget, this is not the time to join one. Walk away
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 19 October 2010, 15:57.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Wow. Lot of fluff on there. Very hard to actually find out what they do!

If you put your rate in the calculator the top option is 'Highly Skilled Consultancy 79.00 % +' which always worries me and the comment further down...
      'CBN Global consistently research the market to uncover new, compliant strategies which enables our clients to maximise the rewards from their contracting career' also makes me nervous.

Can't get to grips with the site so would be very nervous tbh.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It would appear that they don't actually do anything other than refer you to umbrella companies or accountants who pay them to be 'approved' suppliers
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Thanks. I wasn't planning on using them. I just hadn't heard the name of the company before.

What would be fun is if I could compile a set of questions to put to them in response to their marketing email this morning posing as an intrested party - and I will then post the responses that I get. Not too sure how they operate though so if you have any suggestions?

Cheers.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
          X