• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I pay to much for the accounting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I pay to much for the accounting?

Hi

This is my first post here
    Could you tell me please if the below fees are not too high for the accountancy of my 1 person ltd company:
    - 20£ weekly fee for "review of invoices and sales ledger, maintaining accounting records " etc
    - 600£+vat for preparing quarterly VAT returns, annual accounts and year end Corporation Tax computations - which they took from FRS bonus
    - tax return - "filing end of year employment returns online" - 80-100£

cheers

This is done almost on a monthly basis. Have a search and you will find a host of threads where people have already compared their costs. I am not being unhelpful. its just you wont get much response cause we have done it so many times.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes

Yes you are paying a lot for your accountant to look after a relatively simple scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by bigelvis View Post
        Hi

This is my first post here
        Could you tell me please if the below fees are not too high for the accountancy of my 1 person ltd company:
        - 20£ weekly fee for "review of invoices and sales ledger, maintaining accounting records " etc
        You can do that yourself and it's probably a good idea to in case your accountant tries to rip you off.

I know people who have been ripped of by their accountants cos they do everything for them.

- 600£+vat for preparing quarterly VAT returns, annual accounts and year end Corporation Tax computations - which they took from FRS bonus

cheers
        Standard stuff.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

cheers
          So I make that about 3500 / year? I'd say that a fair price is about 1000/year but your mileage may vary
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            So I make that about 3500 / year? I'd say that a fair price is about 1000/year but your mileage may vary
            +1.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Thanx for advice
              Assuming that I work about 47 weeks a year:
              47x20=940 + 705 (600+vat) +80 = 1725 a year

I got a quote from Brookson and it's almost the same, so it's not worth to migrate to them.

Anyone could suggest some cheaper good accountant with web based instructions etc. please?

Comment

Thanx for advice
                Assuming that I work about 47 weeks a year:
                47x20=940 + 705 (600+vat) +80 = 1725 a year

I got a quote from Brookson and it's almost the same, so it's not worth to migrate to them.

Anyone could suggest some cheaper good accountant with web based instructions etc. please?
                Consider using FreeAgent and doing the back bone of the work yourself, it's relatively easy. Find an accountant off their freeagent friendly list on their website.

Comment

Yes Elvis, PM for details, (get the administrator to give you PM rights)

Comment

Working...
                  X