• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do people think the outcome of the IR35 review will be?

Comment

Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
      Flat rate for IT contractors up to 14.5% from 13%. So someone billing £100K + VAT will pay make an additional profit per annum of £375, before taking account of any additional input VAT they might pay.

PUMA
      Jurassic Park....
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by SackmanandCo View Post
        what do people think the outcome of the IR35 review will be?
        Much higher tax for all contractors. 100% certain.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
          CGT reduction probably gives me an extra £700
          can anyone explain how increasing of CGT gives anyone extra?

Most of IT contractors use schema: min salary + max dividends. may be I am missing something but CGT is taken from dividends so we are going to lose 10% more or what? CGT was 18%...

Comment

Originally posted by maxima View Post
            can anyone explain how increasing of CGT gives anyone extra?

Most of IT contractors use schema: min salary + max dividends. may be I am missing something but CGT is taken from dividends so we are going to lose 10% more or what? CGT was 18%...
            I believe that they meant the reduction in corporation tax.

CGT is not taken from dividends. CGT is only payable when you sell an asset. It normally is not important for contractors although you may use the enterpreneur's allowance when shutting the company.
            Loopy Loo

Comment

Yeah.. I just realised myself that it was rubbish what I said

Comment

I dont think the review of IR35 will mean lower taxes. Speculation continues that NIC could be charged on dividemds!!

Comment

Working...
                X