• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 review confirmed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 review confirmed

They just confirmed this....

We will review IR 35, as part of a wholesale review of all small business taxation, and seek to replace it with simpler measures that prevent tax avoidance but do not place undue administrative burdens or uncertainty on the self-employed, or restrict labour market flexibility.

Business | Programme for Government

Ir35

Look forward to the details being published. Be interesting to see how they're going to define the difference between an employee and the self employed.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
      Look forward to the details being published. Be interesting to see how they're going to define the difference between an employee and the self employed.
      By introducing 'simpler measure', and removing 'undue uncertainty', they just mean we will all be IR35 caught from now on
      Kerching for the tax man.
      Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        They just confirmed this....

We will review IR 35, as part of a wholesale review of all small business taxation, and seek to replace it with simpler measures that prevent tax avoidance but do not place undue administrative burdens or uncertainty on the self-employed, or restrict labour market flexibility.

Business | Programme for Government
        ...I dread to think what they will come up with

Comment

Ir35

Originally posted by Sally BFCA View Post
          ...I dread to think what they will come up with
          Whatever it is, I'm sure will be able to pick it to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
            Whatever it is, I'm sure will be able to pick it to bits.
            It will keep us on our toes. I'm rather bored with IR35 now, need a new challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by government
              Oh great. So they will review it in such a way that we pay LESS TAX??? Umm, I don't think so, they will make it more "fair" so we will end up paying more. Betcha.
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Some people will definitely be paying less tax. Whether we'll be amongst them or not... maybe it will even depend how profitable you are. A 1-man company grossing £100k profit could quite sensibly be classified for higher tax, a self-employed person bringing in £30k, it's a big difference.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

thing is - I dont actually care what they change it to as long as its clear whether you are in or out

Comment

What he said...

Comment

Working...
                    X