• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agreeing to Client Policies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greyhen View Post
    Thanks for the replies... None of these replies are unexpected, that is why I asked to see what others thought. The Qdos notes say these polices are a "little controlling", they particularly highlighted the dress policy and the smoking policy. However I of course understand why the client would want to cover these and was a little concerned re going back to the client on these.

I think I will cover it by a letter confirming my companies policy is standard business attire at clients sites and confirm the smoking policy, would be no more than a ban on smoking at the client's work place, which of course we would comply with on the clients site.

The other question I have is that the contract is between my company and the agent's company. However this deed ("Declaration of Conformity) is between the 1) investiment bank plc and 2) me individually named as the "Contractor". I am thinking this deed, should be between my company and the investiment bank and then refer to the consultant. Any comments ?

BTW I would prefer to turn down the work rather than sign a contract that puts me inside the IR35 regulations.
    Depends.

I have signed a "agreement to use ClientCo computer equipment" yet I use my own laptop and e-mail.

I have signed a "dress code" which states business suit and tie yet I wear PPE mostly - safety shoes, flame resistant clothing, hard hat.

I have signed the "eqaul ops" policy yet I'm .....

Anyway the point is often contracts are generic and don't cover everyone who uses them. My client co is a major high street fashion retailer I work in logistics. I'm very different from the finance peeps they place so their standard contract works for them but not so well for me.

However I'm not scared by IR35 and even less about losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I have signed the "eqaul ops" policy yet I'm .....
      Unable to spell?
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        Unable to type?
        FTFY... Big difference between not being able to spell and keyboard typos..
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X