• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

done

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    finally!!! managed to get into the site, done...
    posted and rated as a 5.

Comment

Enjoying the comments on the S58 Thread on your freedom

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      I have added an entry for Section 58.

Section 58 Finance Act 2008 — HMG - Your Freedom

PS. the site is very slow but please persevere
      What a joke the title of the website "your Freedom"

Should be "Our Iron Fist"

I wonder if anyone other than ourselves will bother to read it!

Comment

I have added an entry for Section 58.

Section 58 Finance Act 2008 — HMG - Your Freedom

PS. the site is very slow but please persevere
        Done!

I'll be amazed if any of the suggests on that site ever get changed - it's just an election-pledge box to be ticked now they are in power. Still, if you don't buy a ticket . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by SLB View Post
          Done!

I'll be amazed if any of the suggests on that site ever get changed - it's just an election-pledge box to be ticked now they are in power. Still, if you don't buy a ticket . . . .
          Couldn't agree more. It's a load of old tosh and a sop to the voters. But we've nothing to lose by playing along.

Comment

Over 50 comments now.

Couldn't agree more. It's a load of old tosh and a sop to the voters. But we've nothing to lose by playing along.
            Donkey,
            Perhaps you can have the more articulate ones among us refering to the "your freedom, Section 58 thread" in a new letter. They wanted our opinions. We gave them what they wanted now lets have their opinions back. FAIR's FAIR..... or is it?

Comment

One more request. When adding your vote PLEASE make sure that you give the item *****; yes, that's a 5* rating.

The higher the average rating the nearer the top we will appear in the sort by ratings window.

Up to 76 votes now. Its great to see all the comments. By the time you've read them all you start believing it, but then WE always did.

Keep it going. Whether we believe that they will do anything about it or not, or whether this is just something to keep the electorate happy, the more expressions/comments and votes the better.

Please forward the link to every contractor, not just those on the scheme. What gets accepted today could be the precedent for future unfair attacks by HMRC on any other group of innocent people.
              Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
              "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Voted

Added my comment and voted. Mildly surprised that this topic is not now on any of the leader boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                  One more request. When adding your vote PLEASE make sure that you give the item *****; yes, that's a 5* rating.
                  If you have accidentally given it less than 5*, you can "remove my rating" and do it again.

However, I have a suspicion that our "friends" at HMRC might be keeping the average down.

Comment

However, I have a suspicion that our "friends" at HMRC might be keeping the average down.
                    How can we fail to be up there on the leader board behind topics with such low scores? I don't geddit!

Can Hector really influence it?

Comment

Voted

and given a deserving 5

Comment

Working...
                      X