• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funkman View Post
    Surely HMRC would claim offender avoiding sex tax??
    I think we need to clarify the difference between sex avoidance and sex evasion.

It's all about transparency.

If you do it openly it's avoidance; if you try and conceal it, it's evasion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBarCapBoyz View Post
      I think we need to clarify the difference between sex avoidance and sex evasion.

It's all about transparency.

If you do it openly it's avoidance; if you try and conceal it, it's evasion.
      Yes my wife is an advocate of both sex evasion and avoidance which leaves me in a position of sole trader!!

Comment

I'm just trying to get my head around all of this.

Sex avoidance and evasion both mean not having sex.

Sex avoidance would be where you're open, honest and transparent about not having sex. I was going to say like a Priest but perhaps that's not such a good example.

Sex evasion would be where you hide the fact that you're not having sex, or falsely state the amount of sex you are having.

Does that sound about right?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Sex avoidance would be where you're open, honest and transparent about not having sex. I was going to say like a Priest but perhaps that's not such a good example.

Sex evasion would be where you hide the fact that you're not having sex, or falsely state the amount of sex you are having.

Is it possible to evade sex retrospectively, for example when you've previously been open about not having sex, and then the next day you're accused of having hidden the fact...?

Comment

So dogging is being open honest and transparent about having sex. Having sex in the bedroom is clearly about disguising what you are doing since there are only a limited number of parties who actually know what is actually happening.

Doesn't that make having sex in the car park far more acceptable to Parliament and the masses than doing anything in private?

Now, if there was a tax on sex, its not hard to see the black economy winning...
            Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
            "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
              Is it possible to evade sex retrospectively, for example when you've previously been open about not having sex, and then the next day you're accused of having hidden the fact...?
              You may not have been having sex at the time but...

...HMRC (Her Majesty's Regulator of Copulation) might come along 7 years later and retrospectively clarify what counts as sex.

And then you'd be buggered.

Comment

You may not have been having sex at the time but...

...HMRC (Her Majesty's Regulator of Copulation) might come along 7 years later and retrospectively clarify what counts as sex.

And then you'd be buggered.
                And if I had an inkling at the time that I was about to be buggered, or could be buggered in the future, it may have been enough cause for me to change my position.
                Waiting over 7 months to find out if I'm about to be buggered - not sure which is worse, the anticipation or the end result.

Comment

You know when you put it in these terms it just shows how badly we have been wronged.
                  Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Originally posted by Slobbo View Post
                    You know when you put it in these terms it just shows how badly we have been wronged.
                    This conversation... laugh? I nearly spilt me beer.

Very funny.

Clearly we are all bored with waiting and there is nothing left to discuss until the three amigos
                    make their bloody minds up.

I deny ever having avoided sex, and am prepared to go to the ECHR to prove my case.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBarCapBoyz View Post

I deny ever having avoided sex, and am prepared to go to the ECHR to prove my case.
                      As a long term wearer of a chastity belt I deny having any sex and am taking my case to the ECHR as well. I think it's unfair to 'tax' me for my 'release' and should be a free man to organise my 'affairs' as I wish. Retrospectively I wish I had never entered into the agreement and I can't believe it's still hanging over my 'head' after all this time !

Comment

Working...
                      X