• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A peaceful and law-abiding revolution, I'm sure
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Of Course...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      A peaceful and law-abiding revolution, I'm sure
      Cojak - I'm a lover not a fighter :-)

Comment

I, like other members of this forum want justice too. That is why it is so important we all stick together.

HMRC would love it if a few people "threw in the towel", because it would weaken our position. The whole house of cards would collapse and they would find it easier to get at each and every one of us.

I know this isn't quite the same, but it reminds me of when my local council wanted to bring in a controlled parking zone. All the residents were dead against it, so the council used the good old "divide and conquer" strategy.

They divided the area up into smaller zones and introduced CPZ's into neighbouring zones. This forced motorists using the station to park in our area. Every morning, cars would drive round and round in circles until a resident left, and bingo, the space was taken before you could say "gone in 60 seconds"

Eventually, the situation became intolerable and the residents were almost begging the council for a controlled parking zone!

It's just another example, like BN66, of inherent greed in the powers that govern us in this country.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
          Whilst I think it's good to try and stay upbeat I hope everyone is also preparing themselves mentally for the worst.

Unlike after the complete shock of the High Court no-one should have any expectations this time.

We should also remind ourselves that we are seeking to overturn the Will of Parliament which by any measure is a monumental mountain to climb.
          'Mentally prepare for the worst' we haven't lost the battle yet... we may lose the next round (we may win)... this fight is far from over... we need to prepare for our future strategy, has anyone seen the circular from MP yet? until then we don't know the strength of our support, to date MP have, in my estimation, supported us all the way and hope they will continue, but hey lets get a bit more upbeat we can and will win this eventually...

The tyrant's must not be allowed to get away with this, never forget we have been law abiding citizans, HMRC have been lazy SOB's... :
          Last edited by moira under the stairs; 15 November 2010, 10:17.
          MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
            has anyone seen the circular from MP yet?
            They said they were hoping to get it out on Friday but it must have been delayed.

I will let you know as soon I hear anything.

By the way, I was talking to someone on the PwC side and their feeling is we won't get a judgment from the court until the New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              They said they were hoping to get it out on Friday but it must have been delayed.

I will let you know as soon I hear anything.

By the way, I was talking to someone on the PwC side and their feeling is we won't get a judgment from the court until the New Year.
              Then let me be the first to wish all forum members a Happy 2011, apart from the enemy that is rot in hell you evil b'strds
              MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

I don't think anyone is talking about throwing in the towel! I know RobinRB seemed to think that's what I was suggesting, though I'd be amazed if he or anyone else could point to a single thing I have written, ever, that even remotely suggested that that was what I was thinking. Nor have I seen anyone else suggesting it either. We are in this together. MP need to clarify their position. This will put minds at ease. Having being sh*t on for 8 years now, I don't think wanting clarity is unusual. I simply expect MP to put it beyond any doubt whatsoever that they will see this through with determination and dedication. Thats what I expect to hear, and it's what I believe I will hear.

Comment

It’s probably those old clunky type-writers they are now using or have they had their equipment returned yet?
                  MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Circular

Sorry but I was misinformed about it being ready on Friday.

I won't jump the gun again until I'm 100% sure it's being sent.

Comment

Sorry but I was misinformed about it being ready on Friday.

I won't jump the gun again until I'm 100% sure it's being sent.
                      Hi DR

Could you clarify your post please. Do you mean you won't post until you know when the comms will be sent, or whether a comms will be sent?

Cheers
                      CI

Comment

Working...
                      X