• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
    Hi DR

Could you clarify your post please. Do you mean you won't post until you know when the comms will be sent, or whether a comms will be sent?

Cheers
    CI
    I'm 100% certain there is a comms.

I just don't know precisely when we will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

I have received it, it went out today. It really doesn't say much though so don't raise your hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Thanks DR.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
          I have received it, it went out today. It really doesn't say much though so don't raise your hopes.
          Do we still have their support ?
          MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
            Do we still have their support ?
            I read "it doesnt say much" as meaning we do...if they were withdrawing it would be saying quite a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              I read "it doesnt say much" as meaning we do...if they were withdrawing it would be saying quite a bit!
              Lets hope so.. I'll be out the country for a few more days therefore won't see it until I return.
              MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Stop worrying about MPs continued support. So many factors can affect that decision. We haven't even had a decision from the judges yet.
                Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                  Correct. Not wanting to post it here, all I can say is the comment took this line: they will be awaiting the decision, impossible to predict the outcome, will take further council when they have the judgement.

Comment

One or two naysayers on this thread have predicted that MP will drop the case if we lose.

But suppose the Court of Appeal verdict is really bad like the High Court, would there really be any point in them carrying on?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
                      One or two naysayers on this thread have predicted that MP will drop the case if we lose.

But suppose the Court of Appeal verdict is really bad like the High Court, would there really be any point in them carrying on?
                      The high court verdict wasn't really bad. The impact on us was bad. The wording of the judgement is equally as important when considering the next steps. The judges can word things in such a way that leaves the outcome to further judicial scrutiny in a higher court.
                      Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Working...
                      X