• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays HSR20 and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hays HSR20 and IR35

Anyone contracting under their own limited company via Hays under their HSR20 agreement?

i seem to be in the position of having no contract (as the HSR20 says) with Hays, no contract with the ultimate client, and not in the position of having to give or recieve any notice.

just wondered what the clever people thought that meant for IR35.

I'm not familiar with the HSR 20 part, but your IR35 status would be decided on your working conditions rather than a written contract anyway.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Quick answer: Hays are pants, the contract is pants, it does not pass IR35 and if they do not want any notice of you leaving then do not give them any.

Comment

Just to contradict the above sweeping statements

I have been using hays for the last 3 years. my current contract is one of the most ir35 friendly ones my accounts have seen....

I have never been paid late, not had any issues with them....

However I am NOT trying to say that hays are perfect at everything....

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
          I have been using hays for the last 3 years. my current contract is one of the most ir35 friendly ones my accounts have seen....
          Really??? We've been reviewing Hays contracts for 10 years and I can't remember the last time I saw one that was even vaguely compliant.

They usually farm out the same one with a highly restrictive right of substitution (often clause 3.5). As Clare says, the working practices are important, but it certainly helps to have a decent contract.
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Don't mean to be rude (What!! I hear you all cry!) but what are you qualifications on assesing IR35 contracts? It appears there is no clear answers even from the pro's
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

I know B&C have got HIT20 changed to be IR35-friendly, buit it was a bit of a struggle. Like many of the big agencies, it all seems to depend on which office you're dealing with.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hayes appear to treat or see contractors as temps. Their contracts are pretty piss poor I'd say.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Hayes appear to treat or see contractors as temps. Their contracts are pretty piss poor I'd say.
                    Hays sell themselves to clients as providers of skilled staff, that they own. Hence anything that emphasises our actual independence - like having proper B2B-focused contracts - is against their own sales approach since they wouldn't be able to support the client/agency contract that will have been framed in terms of us being Hays employees.

And they're not the only ones that do it. One day we'll persuade the cleints about the reality of the situation
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X