• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

advantages of invoicing on a quarterly basis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if Corp tax can be reduced if i were to invoice only a few times on a 6month contract in order to reduce tax?

Disregard the fact an agency or employer could go bust in the mean time, jsut assume both are very very safe.

My colleague seems to think in order to keep corperation tax low you need to keep the business bank account as empty as possible?

Therefore if I invoice a few times and then take out dividends and expenses I keep large sums of cash in the business account for a short period.

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    Just wondering if Corp tax can be reduced if i were to invoice only a few times on a 6month contract in order to reduce tax?

Disregard the fact an agency or employer could go bust in the mean time, jsut assume both are very very safe.

My colleague seems to think in order to keep corperation tax low you need to keep the business bank account as empty as possible?

Therefore if I invoice a few times and then take out dividends and expenses I keep large sums of cash in the business account for a short period.
    Wouldn't work, accounts are prepared on an accruals basis not on a cash received basis.

Robot

Comment

Great idea!

You give the agent chance to keep 'your' money for upto 3 months.

You give them an opportunity to go bust on you taking upto 3 months of your money with them.

Erm, you're without 'your' money for up to 3 months thereby not getting any megre interest on it.

Now what were you asking again?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

<wipes coffee off screen>

I cannot begin to explain what is wrong with this. Really
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

WTF!

How did he/she get the gig if they think like that? If that is what passes for talent these days, it's no wonder why Bob 'n Pals are getting so many jobs.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Words just fail me................

Comment

None. HTH.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Good Idea.

I always invoice quarterly - 4 times a month as regular as clockwork, have done for years.

With just about every other agency going bust at the moment, what are you thinking??

PZZ

Comment

Genius.

Why didn't I think of this??

Comment

Contractors don't usually have a "colleague". Do you mean "competitor"?

Comment

Working...
                    X