• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon W or SJD or other accountant??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Still here and recovering from January! Trading accounts still active and we've probably had the busiest 2 months intake of new clients thanks to recomendations from current clients many of which frequent this board.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrimby View Post

Find a good recommended local accountant is my advice
      A most important point.

My 1st accountant was local and did nothing for me, was late with my returns and refused to give me my documents (shares certificates etc) when I moved.

I only got my original company certificate (he gave me a couple of scanned pages initially) because I insisted that I needed it to set up my business bank account (after I decided not to go with his 'recommended' bank manager).
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning Darren!

Now you're here would you care to comment on this?

As of Jan 2010 it was still on the FSA's books...

Or is it outside of your bog-standard accountancy operation?
        Last edited by cojak; 2 February 2010, 09:18.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Morning Darren!

Now you're here would you care to comment on this?

As of Jan 2010 it was still on the FSA's books...

Or is it outside of your bog-standard accountancy operation?
          Is cojak a sockie for Roger Cook

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            Is cojak a sockie for Roger Cook
            It's a question that needs answering, I think...

Comment

Hello

Hi Cojak, it's outside the normal accountancy practice stuff, as with these type of things there's a lot of things not in the public domain just yet, all going on in the background but the accountancy practice side of things is fully functioning and operating. Quite an exciting year coming up with the launch of our new site in a few weeks (www.swingingelephant.co.uk) and the wife drops our first little one in May!

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                Try Nixon Williams then, no hanging on there!
                I did - they were very good!

I ended up joining and have been astonished at how quick and efficient they have been - so far I am a very happy customer!

Let's hope they keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                X