• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon W or SJD or other accountant??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=diesel;1056141][QUOTE=bulletprooffool;1056062]If there is any value in it - I am looking to start up a LTD company - basically need to sign on the dotted line . . and after opinions on CUK have phoned them twice today.

Phoned who?
    Phoned SJD - I understand they may be busy, but if new business waits online for so long, I may just be better trying a smaller local accountant. . .

Comment

Try Nixon Williams then, no hanging on there!
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Phoned SJD - I understand they may be busy, but if new business waits online for so long, I may just be better trying a smaller local accountant. . .[/quote]

Hi Bulletprooffool,

Sorry you’ve had problems getting through, we’ve not had any issues with our lines, that I'm aware of. I must say though it has been an incredibly busy January our busiest on record which must surely be a sign companies are once again on the hunt for contractors.

If you PM me I’m sure I can help or call the 0500 152500 (or if calling from a mobile use our head office number 01442 232700).

Cheers

Jaime

Comment

Originally posted by Jaimesjdaccountancy View Post

Hi Bulletprooffool,

Sorry you’ve had problems getting through, we’ve not had any issues with our lines, that I'm aware of. I must say though it has been an incredibly busy January our busiest on record which must surely be a sign companies are once again on the hunt for contractors.

If you PM me I’m sure I can help or call the 0500 152500 (or if calling from a mobile use our head office number 01442 232700).

Cheers

Jaime
          It's a shame you have to post on here to put your problems right. That may be an indication in itself.
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

New to contracting (had a spell through umbrella - 4 months in 2005) and on returning to country got offered my old perm role back but through agency so after a few weeks of umbrella company I decided to set up my company.

I incorporated it in October, started trading in December and after biting the bullet that for a first-timer I should get help with the accounting, I appointed NW. (I did check out others too but their spam emails for the sake of it - I lost count how many times SJD askd me how I'd heard of them - put me off).

Been first class so far, told them I'll need help retrospectively since I started trading with what I have withdrawn from company bank account since that date etc and wasn't an issue at all.

All I need is basic, PAYE scheme / payroll, how much I can give myself as a dividend and how often and help with corp tax / VAT returns. They said they can help me, others testify as to the fact they can so fingers crossed this is start of a long relationship!

Engineering Contractor for those interested.

Comment

Nixon Williams - see no advantage in having a "local" accountant (for me anyway). Very efficient, easily contactable and no daft spreadsheets to fill in.
              Blood in your poo

Comment

I've been with SJD for two years and am about to leave! They are not proactive at all. If you want to pay someone for a service and then constantly chased them around for information or to check that they are doing what you are paying them for.....signup with SJD!

Any accountant recommendations welcome!

Comment

Who is better Uptons or NW...both seem similar in price, but what is service like?

Comment

Originally posted by thomas47 View Post
                    Who is better Uptons or NW...both seem similar in price, but what is service like?
                    I have had good service from Uptons for a couple of years now...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Aren't Uptons being investigated by the FSA, seem to recall something before Christmas.

I seem to remember reading that their bank account was frozen, try searching Moneymadeclear + upton
                      Last edited by Jaded; 1 February 2010, 20:21.

Comment

Working...
                      X