• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brookson charge for Company Closure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brookson charge for Company Closure

Guys I'm in the process of leaving Brooksons, am moving to Nixon Williams. Brooksons want to charge £420 to start the cessation process. I thought this is rather high. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by N42 View Post
    Guys I'm in the process of leaving Brooksons, am moving to Nixon Williams. Brooksons want to charge £420 to start the cessation process. I thought this is rather high. What do you guys think?
    That is high! They sound like the Foxtons of the accounting world.

Comment

Originally posted by N42 View Post
      What do you mean by 'cessation process'?

Are you just moving accountancy providers (same company etc) or are you winding up your current company and opening a new ltd with your new accountancy provider?

If this is for moving from one accountancy provider to another, then it is a disgrace to charge £420, but then again you might have signed up to this when you joined them! You should read the engagement letter you would have entered into when you joined them.

Robot
      Last edited by Robot; 14 January 2010, 12:48. Reason: Adding more comment

Comment

Its for closing down my old Ltd company as it was called 'Brookson XXX'. As I have opened a new one with Nixon Williams in a new name of my choice.

Comment

Might seem like a silly question, but can't you close the company down yourself?

Comment

or simply pay to change your company name?

Comment

Cessation / Company Transfer

In response to this thread:

If a Brookson customer wants to move their company to another provider, you can do this without charge - all that is required is a month's notice so that we can provide your new accountant with the relevant information.

Cessation accounts are necessary when a company is closing down, Brookson complete the required work which is outside of our standard terms of business - this is the reason for the charge which we believe to be competitive for this type of accounts preparation. You can choose if you wish, for this work to be completed by any provider but it is a necessary requirement to close a company down.

If I can be of any help, please contact me.

Regards

Andrew Sloan
              Last edited by AndrewSloan; 18 January 2010, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSloan View Post
                In response to this thread:

If a Brookson customer wants to move their company to another provider, you can do this without charge - all that is required is a month's notice so that we can provide your new accountant with the relevant information.

Cessation accounts are necessary when a company is closing down, Brookson complete the required work which is outside of our standard terms of business - this is the reason for the charge which we believe to be competitive for this type of accounts preparation. You can choose if you wish, for this work to be completed by any provider but it is a necessary requirement to close a company down.

If I can be of any help, please contact me.

Regards

Andrew Sloan
                Hi,
                Andrew - do you work for Brookson?
                as i am with brooksons and after man years service with them, very unhappy.
                several mistakes by Brookson on my account still not resolved - and these are simple ones, plus Tenon made mistakes with my accounts. These are mistakes i would not expect a qualified accountant to make especially when all information has been provided by myself. I would like to know if there is contact to make an official complaint to (not a personal manager)?

Comment

Contact

Hi - yes I do work for Brookson, if you would like to contact me on [email]andrew.sloan(at)brookson.co.uk or 01925 235727 to discuss this further

Regards

Andrew Sloan
                  Last edited by AndrewSloan; 18 January 2010, 08:34.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSloan View Post
                    Hi - yes I do work for Brookson, if you would like to contact me on [email protected] or 01925 235727 to discuss this further

Regards

Andrew Sloan
                    Now that is what I call customer service! welll done

Comment

Working...
                    X