• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have they got me by the round-ones?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke to my 'Managed Service' company to day. They confirmed that I am the only director and sole owner of my company.

Presumably then I can carry on trading under that name without using their services?

Could some hazzard a guess?

Comment

Don't guess, it's your livelihood. Read the contract, or get a lawyer to read it for you. Better still, walk away and start again properly.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Ask for all of the company documentation. They may charge a small admin fee for it but would be good to get it before walking away.

Comment

Company Secretary

Originally posted by Horby
          Spoke to my 'Managed Service' company to day. They confirmed that I am the only director and sole owner of my company.

Presumably then I can carry on trading under that name without using their services?

Could some hazzard a guess?
          Who's the Company Secretary? I bet it's a company controlled by them. If so, remember to get them to resign.

Then, if the company's yours you are free to do what you like subject to any contract you signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
            Who's the Company Secretary? I bet it's a company controlled by them. If so, remember to get them to resign.

Then, if the company's yours you are free to do what you like subject to any contract you signed.
            Unless things have changed in the last few years, you (as the director) can just fill in the form (from companies house) to remove the existing secretary and apoint a new one. You don't need their agreement.

Comment

Working...
            X