• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoyo, what did they want from you in terms of business documentation? Any kind of proof of credit wortheyness or did they not care?

Looks like I'm going for the business phone rather than personal.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I was advised by my accountant to take out a normal personal contract but to make sure that my Ltd company name was shown as the first line of the address on the monthly bill and it can then be put through as an expense.

Anyone find fault in this approach?

Comment

Mobile Phones

Dave

In terms of documentation they ask for my Ltd Company Certificate of Incorporation and yes they will do a credit check depending on the package you are going for. I hope this helps.

Comment

Hi, I get 800mins free on my contract and of those use 400 amonth on work dialing into conf calls. As these free minutes are part of my standard line rental does that mean I cant claim them back at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
            Hi, I get 800mins free on my contract and of those use 400 amonth on work dialing into conf calls. As these free minutes are part of my standard line rental does that mean I cant claim them back at all ?
            Unfortunatley you can't claim the money back as the calls didn't cost you anything.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Unfortunatley you can't claim the money back as the calls didn't cost you anything.
              Mmm true but I pay the line rental. Will try and make the calls from a land line then so I can account for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Anyone had any expericance of using the Business orientated services from the mobil phone co's rather then the normal individual service. I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a new phone via the Ltd co. or stick to doing it as a private individual.
                If you get the phone in the Ltd company name the company can pay the rental and for all calls whether personal or business with no BIK implications. My company mobile is with T-Mobile, they didn't ask for any proof that the company existed.

Comment

Working...
                X