• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any problems paying CT from personal a/c?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any problems paying CT from personal a/c?

My contracting company has not had any new income for well over 2 years due to retirement and I would like to go ahead and make the company dormant or start closing it down so I don't have to keep filling in HMRC forms with noughts.

I did get a few hundred pounds from the receivers of a former client in the company year recently ended on 30/06/09. The full amount was written off at the time as it seemed from the reports that I would get little or nothing, so I will have to pay CT on it this time round.

Can I just go ahead anyway and pay HMRC the small amount of CT (about £80) from my personal account when it's due or would that cause any problems? Or would it be better to do all the accounts and settle the CT before I start closing company bank accounts?

Cheers for any opinions.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 12 August 2009, 14:38.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Nothing to stop you, although it might be more elegant to loan the Company Account £80 (or perhaps buy something from the company that's worth around £80 ).

You will have to get HMRC approval to close down and they will want to be certain the numbers are something like right and the correct taxes paid up, which is the main reason for doing everything via the one account.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

xoggoth

You will need to do the accounts to do a closure of the company using a the form 652a from companies house.

HMRC will object to the 652a if CT600 or accounts are outstanding, so accounts need to be filed and all liabilities ( the CT) paid.

Where its paid from doesnt really matter , HMRc will take credit cards, cheques, cash, and even your possessions if they need too....

Phil

Comment

I have done it before : was not an issue.

Comment

Working...
        X