• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
    ...forced to settle with the inland revenue and been offered a favorable deal to do so.
    God it's worse than I thought.

Not only are HMRC giving out deals willy-nilly, but they are also forcing them on people.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Not only are HMRC giving out deals willy-nilly, but they are also forcing them on people.
      Indeed

At least MTM are figting for us, not recommending we simply fold.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

yet more positive ammunition for the JR surely ?

Comment

Originally posted by bollox View Post
          yet more positive ammunition for the JR surely ?
          I would think so, Mr Bollox.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

ir35amnesty

Hi I've been an an occasional lurker on this board. I'm not caught by bn66 although could have been if I'd not got out a few years back and Im interested to see how it works out.The ir35amnesty deal was not as good as some of you seem to be making out and i'll probably kick myself for accepting it if you guys win. I was told it was comparable to outside IR35 but I'm not convinced. At the time I had other stuff happening so I went along just to get HMRC of our backs. I've still got the paperwork somewhere so I could dig out the detail if it would be any use although wouldnt want my name mentioned anywhere. I hope you give HMRC a good pounding next month.

DND
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              I would think so, Mr Bollox.
              Hey Santa, I'm surprised you've got time to post at this time of year. I'd have thought you'd be wrapping and packing your tax-free goodies. Did HMRC confirm whether your sherries, mince pies and carrots for the team are going to continue to be allowable? I assume they are looking at your global BIKs?
              Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
              "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

deal or no deal

hi, always lurking but after these current posts i'm a bit confused. Did MTM sell me a service in 2004 knowing that Inland Revenue had already done a deal back in 2002?

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                  Hey Santa, I'm surprised you've got time to post at this time of year. I'd have thought you'd be wrapping and packing your tax-free goodies. Did HMRC confirm whether your sherries, mince pies and carrots for the team are going to continue to be allowable? I assume they are looking at your global BIKs?
                  and dont forget santa as you cross the UK boundary you are only allowed to deliver childrens presents upto a total value of £340 without paying duty

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                    Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                    and dont forget santa as you cross the UK boundary you are only allowed to deliver childrens presents upto a total value of £340 without paying duty
                    Being SantaClaus, I can assure you that I am covered by a double taxation treaty with the North Pole. Therefore sherries, mince pies and carrots will be taxed at the Lapland rate of 0%.

I've been working very hard to get all your presents out, especially Mr YouKnowWho (TM) who I have a special suprise for.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      Hi I've been an an occasional lurker on this board. I'm not caught by bn66 although could have been if I'd not got out a few years back and Im interested to see how it works out.The ir35amnesty deal was not as good as some of you seem to be making out and i'll probably kick myself for accepting it if you guys win. I was told it was comparable to outside IR35 but I'm not convinced. At the time I had other stuff happening so I went along just to get HMRC of our backs. I've still got the paperwork somewhere so I could dig out the detail if it would be any use although wouldnt want my name mentioned anywhere. I hope you give HMRC a good pounding next month.

DND
                      Hi, and thank you for your immensely charitable offer of help. Can you email me offline at [email protected] so we can discuss further.

(This redirects to my personal email.)

Regards
                      DR

Comment

Working...
                      X