• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just logged onto my gov gateway account and it currently says that I don't owe anything. I had a CN months ago and those figures were reflected on the site. Have I been let off?

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyFunster View Post
      I just logged onto my gov gateway account and it currently says that I don't owe anything. I had a CN months ago and those figures were reflected on the site. Have I been let off?
      Hadn't you heard about the new HMRC lottery? What they do is they add a pound once a month to all outstanding CN's and then pick 5 out of a hat. These winners get let off.

Comment

HMRC Lottery

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        HMRC lottery? ....they add a pound once a month to all outstanding CN's...
        Actually it's closer to £500 a month!!

Comment

Look before you Jump

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Hi I've been an an occasional lurker on this board. I'm not caught by bn66 although could have been if I'd not got out a few years back and Im interested to see how it works out.The ir35amnesty deal was not as good as some of you seem to be making out and i'll probably kick myself for accepting it if you guys win. I was told it was comparable to outside IR35 but I'm not convinced. At the time I had other stuff happening so I went along just to get HMRC of our backs. I've still got the paperwork somewhere so I could dig out the detail if it would be any use although wouldnt want my name mentioned anywhere. I hope you give HMRC a good pounding next month.

DND
          Before submitting any documents i suggest you check the small print because you may be opening yourself up to allowing HMRC to re-visit the settlement. Regarding "hiding your identity". I think that it would be revealed to Court if it helped the cause of BN66 - because the BN66 legal team may need to "identify you" otherwise document may not have any legal "standing".

Comment

Hit a nerve

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
            I still find it incredible that MTM neglected to tell us that other scheme's using the similar tax planning arrangements had been forced to settle with the inland revenue and been offered a favorable deal to do so.

I certainly would not have stayed in the tax planning if I knew.

Guess I just answered my own question!!
            It appears - from the way the key contributors has been avoiding answering your question - you have hit a nerve.

Comment

another poat falling on "deafening" silence

Originally posted by DownButNotOut View Post
              hi, always lurking but after these current posts i'm a bit confused. Did MTM sell me a service in 2004 knowing that Inland Revenue had already done a deal back in 2002?
              YES

Comment

Greetings

Originally posted by ir35amnesia View Post
                YES
                Mr/s Amnesia, welcome to the forum.

Any background you'd like to share with us?

Comment

QUOTE "hi, always lurking but after these current posts i'm a bit confused. Did MTM sell me a service in 2004 knowing that Inland Revenue had already done a deal back in 2002?"

Maybe they did know a deal had been done but they couldn't have known all the details.
                  They sold you a service based on current legislation. The scheme was checked by a QC, (I believe) and found to be within the law. I joined believing that the risk to me was minimal. I wasn't expecting the retrospective element I don't think anybody did.
                  Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

YES
                    Hi Amnesia. Welcome.

So, please share with us the source of your confidence that MTM were aware of the Suo Motu deal. Were you one of them?

My understanding of the deal was as you stated in a previous post, effectively confidential. I don't know how the law helps or hinders on a break in confidentiality. If it was confidential, MTM could not have been expected to have known about it and therefore did not hide anything from Helen7.
                    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

YES
                      Hi ir35amnesty sorry amnesia

perhaps you could shed some light on how your chums at HMRC could offer hunderds of favourable deals to scheme users even though it new from the dawn of time that the scheme was illegal due to padmore etc....

I await your response

Comment

Working...
                      X