• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
    Who is this quote attributed to?
    Me. Sorry, I was being sarcastic. If Timms was honest that's what he would say.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      A few of us have been toying with the idea of setting up a web site as a focus for the campaign eg. something like www.notoretro.org.uk

This would contain all the background info on the case, evidence that has been gathered so far, results of FOI requests, latest updates, status of JCHR & JR. It would be a bit like the first post of this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/877547-post1.html

except more in-depth, better structured and generally more professional looking.

What do people think? Worth the effort/not worth the effort?

If we go down this route then I am also happy to contribute to the cost of the site. In general it may be good to get together a bit of a war chest for the battle ahead. I think there is a high level of trust for the leading figures in the forum built up over many months

Comment

Article in Computing

http://www.computing.co.uk/computing...-retrospective

Shame they had to spoil what is otherwise a decent bit of reporting with a picture of Timms ugly mug.
        Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 18 July 2009, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          does seem too much of a coincidence that the latest one they closed retro was also £200m....nice easy round number for them...obviously a lot of work has gone into assessing the income generated...

If they actually did any real type of assessments they would more accurately assess the ability to pay, not what they think they would get in an ideal world situation where we can all pay.

They just work on realising all of the oustanding monies which is completely off the mark...Hopefully this will be highlighted by the JCHR report. Their supposed £200m could easily turn into £5m, and with how much collateral damage to those its been collected from Mr Timms?
          Knowing new Liebour, it's probably a figure plucked out of the air.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Shame they had to spoil what is otherwise a decent bit of reporting with a picture of Timms ugly mug.
            Yes, nice forced grin on Mr Timms face. Looks like one of those Botox moments.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

that really is a face only a mother could love, although in his case thats probably not true

Comment

Originally posted by poppy01 View Post
                that really is a face only a mother could love, although in his case thats probably not true
                That his mother doesn't love his mug? Or that he has no mother?

Comment

He doesn't need to.

"The provision was designed to screw these people, and the representations the Committee have received confirm that it has had the impact we intended."
                  If his letter is late, does he get an automatic 100 quid fine?

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
                    If his letter is late, does he get an automatic 100 quid fine?
                    I don't know what the protocol is with these committees but I imagine it would be bad form not to respond by the deadline, even if it's only to request more time.

Comment

I don't know what the protocol is with these committees but I imagine it would be bad form not to respond by the deadline, even if it's only to request more time.
                      Can you ask the commitee clerk what the form is with this?
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X