• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I've been muddling along with Excel for some time now, kidding myself I'll have the time to add some calculations for VAT (I use the FRS) and how much myltdco can afford to pay shareholders in dividends. I never have so (being a cheapskate) when I saw Microsoft offering a free version of its accounts package, I downloaded it. Unofrtunately it doesn't support FRS and the workarounds are all pretty ugly so isn't any better than my Spreadsheets really.

What do other folks use? I'm happy(ish) to pay if there's a good solution around.
    SJD have a spreadsheet you can download from their site that will do it all. I am not with SJD by the way, I have just seen their spreadsheet on my travels.

Comment

for payroll try ableinternet.com

All on line - think we pay £50 a year to use - get payslips, all forms needed to support (P60/P14 etc)
      all very simple to use and I even get my payslip sent via sms.
      Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

FreeAgent for me. There aren't many good accounting packages for Macs that I can find, but FreeAgent does everything I need.

I've also used Xero which is also very good doesn't support the flat-rate VAT scheme which made it less useful.

I've got a more detailed review/comparison of the two on my blog if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
        X