• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential IR35 investigations in the current climate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential IR35 investigations in the current climate

Do you think there is less chance of this happening, taking into accounts things like staff cutbacks at HMRC and maybe a general leniency towards smaller companies in this climate, or more of a likelihood with the govt having to recoup some money with all the bailouts?

Hmm. Wheres all the swingin' dicks who normally unload a bunch of smart arsed comments at a post like this.

Hmm. Like the skiing guy for instance......
    He must have a foot like a traction engine

Comment

I would say that the new rules for 100K pensions and 150K 50% tax would mean that if you break those limits on turnover then they are likely to take a closer look to see if they can get more money - because it'll be worth their while. ... just a thought

Comment

Staff cutbacks? I thought HMRC were about to unleash 1bn£ per year on getting us and other "evaders".

Comment

The only way we can look forward to staff cutbacks is if swine flu takes hold
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I reckon we'll see an increase. HMRC had some high profile successes last year and I'm sure they could quite easily find some more Dragonfly-type contractors.

Without insider knowledge it's impossible to predict of course, but I have a feeling we might have to don our boxing gloves this year.
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
              I reckon we'll see an increase. HMRC had some high profile successes last year and I'm sure they could quite easily find some more Dragonfly-type contractors.

Without insider knowledge it's impossible to predict of course, but I have a feeling we might have to don our boxing gloves this year.

Sounds like good news to all those companies that provide IR35 insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post

I hope it isn't me that they come after, but I think QDOS is right. Dragonfly sets a very worrying trend, IE- "Your contract is sham because the client says so". End of case, contractor is IR35 caught.
                Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 5 May 2009, 11:47. Reason: spelling.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
                  Sounds like good news to all those companies that provide IR35 insurance.
                  Like us? We're still confident in our ability to defend contractors successfully. The insurance is provided on the back of our expertise and I'm sure we'll continue to win cases. If not the TLC policy will pay out.
                  Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by fadanoid View Post
                    ...Hmm. Like the skiing guy for instance......
                    Who's that then?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X