• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoice from Germany or UK for German client ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice from Germany or UK for German client ?

Clean up - please ignore
    Last edited by LegendsWear7; 10 December 2008, 14:10. Reason: Clean up - please ignore

German VAT is 19% isnt it? UK is 17.5%. If your accountant says you'd be better off invoicing as UK, ask him why.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

2 weeks ago I would have said set up as Freiberuf in Germany.
      I am not so sure now.
      One of my colleagues has informed me that UK Ltds are now recognised in Germany (they werent at one time).
      I am in the process of finding out the implications but all the advice on here and the PCG web site is well out of date.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Given this http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...dragonfly.html I think I'd stay well away from the UK.

#Things, can only get, crapper...# - D.Nightmare
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 4 September 2008, 07:15.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          I am not so sure now.
          One of my colleagues has informed me that UK Ltds are now recognised in Germany (they werent at one time).
          I am in the process of finding out the implications but all the advice on here and the PCG web site is well out of date.
          Yep,

http://www.limited24.de/i_home.html
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Yes, but I need that in English so I can fully understand it.

It seems almost impossible to get a definitive answer from anyone otherwise.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I am not so sure now.
              I have a problem here in that my client will not accept my Ltd, they need a German agency (or GmbH) in the way. Having found this contract directly, I'm not keen to pay an agency 15% or so to pass on the paperwork. Anyone know a middleman company in Germany that won't get too uppity, as if the are employing me?

I am resident in the UK. Ideal would be for a German company to pay my Ltd. Otherwise at least I need the travelling expenses (so I do not want to be salaried in Germany, place of work there, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                I have a problem here in that my client will not accept my Ltd, they need a German agency (or GmbH) in the way. Having found this contract directly, I'm not keen to pay an agency 15% or so to pass on the paperwork. Anyone know a middleman company in Germany that won't get too uppity, as if the are employing me?

I am resident in the UK. Ideal would be for a German company to pay my Ltd. Otherwise at least I need the travelling expenses (so I do not want to be salaried in Germany, place of work there, etc).
                Why wont they allow your UK Ltd? I understand under German law they dont have a choice. Once the law recognised UK Ltds the client has to treat yours like it were a gmbh.
                They may be worried about headlease licences (AUG) but if they write the contract as a block of work they dont need to worry.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Why wont they allow your UK Ltd? I understand under German law they dont have a choice. Once the law recognised UK Ltds the client has to treat yours like it were a gmbh.
                  They may be worried about headlease licences (AUG) but if they write the contract as a block of work they dont need to worry.
                  I don't know. They just said that they would not. I should think that if they simply refuse to write me a contract, there isn't much I can do about it.

So far I'm looking at GULP, who I believe charge 6%. Seriously pissed off at that, when I have found the contract.

Comment

Working...
                  X