• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Invoice from Germany or UK for German client ?"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Why wont they allow your UK Ltd? I understand under German law they dont have a choice. Once the law recognised UK Ltds the client has to treat yours like it were a gmbh.
    They may be worried about headlease licences (AUG) but if they write the contract as a block of work they dont need to worry.
    I don't know. They just said that they would not. I should think that if they simply refuse to write me a contract, there isn't much I can do about it.

So far I'm looking at GULP, who I believe charge 6%. Seriously pissed off at that, when I have found the contract.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    I have a problem here in that my client will not accept my Ltd, they need a German agency (or GmbH) in the way. Having found this contract directly, I'm not keen to pay an agency 15% or so to pass on the paperwork. Anyone know a middleman company in Germany that won't get too uppity, as if the are employing me?

I am resident in the UK. Ideal would be for a German company to pay my Ltd. Otherwise at least I need the travelling expenses (so I do not want to be salaried in Germany, place of work there, etc).
    Why wont they allow your UK Ltd? I understand under German law they dont have a choice. Once the law recognised UK Ltds the client has to treat yours like it were a gmbh.
    They may be worried about headlease licences (AUG) but if they write the contract as a block of work they dont need to worry.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    2 weeks ago I would have said set up as Freiberuf in Germany.
    I am not so sure now.
    One of my colleagues has informed me that UK Ltds are now recognised in Germany (they werent at one time).
    I am in the process of finding out the implications but all the advice on here and the PCG web site is well out of date.
    I have a problem here in that my client will not accept my Ltd, they need a German agency (or GmbH) in the way. Having found this contract directly, I'm not keen to pay an agency 15% or so to pass on the paperwork. Anyone know a middleman company in Germany that won't get too uppity, as if the are employing me?

I am resident in the UK. Ideal would be for a German company to pay my Ltd. Otherwise at least I need the travelling expenses (so I do not want to be salaried in Germany, place of work there, etc).

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yes, but I need that in English so I can fully understand it.

It seems almost impossible to get a definitive answer from anyone otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I am not so sure now.
    One of my colleagues has informed me that UK Ltds are now recognised in Germany (they werent at one time).
    I am in the process of finding out the implications but all the advice on here and the PCG web site is well out of date.
    Yep,

http://www.limited24.de/i_home.html

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Given this http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...dragonfly.html I think I'd stay well away from the UK.

#Things, can only get, crapper...# - D.Nightmare
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 4 September 2008, 07:15.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I am not so sure now.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    German VAT is 19% isnt it? UK is 17.5%. If your accountant says you'd be better off invoicing as UK, ask him why.

Leave a comment:

• LegendsWear7
    started a topic Invoice from Germany or UK for German client ?

Invoice from Germany or UK for German client ?

Clean up - please ignore
    Last edited by LegendsWear7; 10 December 2008, 14:10. Reason: Clean up - please ignore

Working...
X