• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theoctopus View Post
    try contacting contractor financials. they just got me a 2 year tracker with HBOS on the same rates as a permie would get. they only needed my current contract, not audited accounts (which I didnt have) . I had the same issue as you with First Direct, Abbey ........etc etc
    whs - they sorted me a 2 year deal with Abbey no problem. 5.9% or thereabouts iirc.

Comment

you could try a temporary stint with an umbrella, someone like Parasol (who I cant recommend highly enough). Once your with them you are effectively an employee and Parasol are only too happy to vouch you are on a good salary.

you can leave your ltd dormant for a few months then go back

Comment

Originally posted by glashIFA@Paramount View Post
        Yep, Halifax are pretty good for contractors. Standard Life Bank, Leeds BS, Coventry BS - I've used them all for contractors with less than 2 yrs accounts, so you could try any of them.
        Woolwich & C&G are ok as well.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Got the call from Contractor Money - I can have the mortgage I originally wanted with Woolwich through them ... even though I couldn't get it direct ... just an extra 0.1% on interest... so BBE + 1.09% (6.09%), OpenPlan.

Thanks Lads & Lasses

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
            Got the call from Contractor Money - I can have the mortgage I originally wanted with Woolwich through them ... even though I couldn't get it direct ... just an extra 0.1% on interest... so BBE + 1.09% (6.09%), OpenPlan.

Thanks Lads & Lasses
            Decent result.

Comment

Working...
            X